xi. Georgieporgie

eleven georgieporgie

       GEORGE FINDS IT RIDICULOUS, ACTUALLY, how adamant Fred and Lee are being about this whole thing. Every morning and every night the two will manage to ambush him, and bring up the same topic, the topic that's been brought up so much since the summer that he thinks they talk about it more than Wheezes. Maybe it comes up naturally in conversation, now that a friendship is growing, maybe he's sitting there, not doing his Transfiguration homework, and Lee suddenly brings it up. Either way, they keep on talking about it, like if they mention it enough times, they'll will it into the universe — that is Briar's doing, he knows that for sure. She's got Fred on the divination bullshit, which has given him mountains of confidence to talk about this, whenever he can... And maybe George brought this upon himself, because he was this bad when Fred and Briar weren't together yet, but still. It's so fucking annoying.

       And that topic is Mia fucking Black.

       You know what? George thinks divination is bullshit, but Briar's definitely left him believing that manifestation works. Or, at least, what you put into the universe is what get back. Or... He doesn't know how to explain it. All he knows is that it's so comical that he didn't like Mia for such a long time, and now he's... He's here.

       He doesn't know what happened. Really, he doesn't. Part of him wants to admit that maybe, just maybe, he had a little crush on her once upon a time, and that's why he disliked her so much, because he couldn't understand how someone he thought was fit was a bit... Mean. He'd say bitch but he hates that word.

       She was a bit of a dick. That's better. And, to be fair, so was he. He was pissed off about that Quidditch match, she was defending her best friend, it made sense they were both dicks to each other.

       And then there was last summer. He still didn't like her. Maybe he felt bad for her, and when she cried into his chest he couldn't help but think, um... the fuck, but still. He wasn't the biggest Mia Black fan. (Is he now? He doesn't know. Briar's been awfully supportive of her. Could be her.) But as the summer progressed he started to realise two things: (a) she was a human being, and (b) she wasn't that bad, she just had a lot going on.