0.9 paris

»»» song: melanie martinez - pity party

4th April (day of touring 55)

Birthdays. Everyone had one. Many people having the same. The way they celebrated it differentiating though.
Many would throw a big party with friends, but mostly strangers. Others preferred smaller, more intimate parties. Others again didn't like parties at all. Some celebrated with friends, some with their families. Some with both.
But what if it was your birthday and you couldn't celebrate with either one? Or at least not the possibility to do so with all?

The guys had their families. All back in Australia (well, besides Calum whose sister was in London). They didn't talk much about them. Sometimes, if they got to speak to them on the phone or when someone asked, but other than that no. It seemed they also didn't want to though. So Tally was always cautious.
She knew how many siblings each one of them had -another reason why Michael became more and more her spirit animal was both were only children. And apparently they were all in good terms with them.
Same with their friends. Most of their friends were in Los Angeles and Sydney. Tally's were in England.

And maybe it was this what connected her with the guys the most, at the end. All of them being away from what they called home, being already used to it though. Neither one wanting to ever speak about.

»»»

"I'd say.. '21 Guns'."
"By Green Day ?"
Rolling her eyes, she giggled. "Is there another song called like that?"
Luke scratched his head, arching a brow at her. "Seriously,Green Day?"
"Yeah, why are you both so surprised?"
They shrugged, exchanging a glance. "I don't know, I guess we expected it to be the Red Hot," Calum responded then. Still baffled.

They'd finished their photoshoot about an hour ago. After an endless seeming interview in the morning, in the centre of Paris.
This glorious city. The city of lights. And love. And the city of tourists and cars, someone would say. So many hasty cars. A contrast to the wonderful, old and peaceful buildings. Strolling down the streets, passing by filled stores and cafes.
Michael and Ashton having decided to stay at the hotel. Taking a nap -or two- for a few hours before heading to the arena to their second performance tonight. Everyone still feeling the tiredness of last night's performance.
This, however, left Calum, Tally and Luke search alone for some place to eat. Heavy clouds hanging from the sky, as they walked through the breezy spring day. The trees had just started blooming. Branches still leafless.

Tally bit back a small laugh. Taking a photo of the giant and magnificent iron tower in front of them. "I don't know, the song kinda touched me and I had to admit, it was great. Musically and lyrically. So I gave rock music a chance."
Seeing the Eiffel Tower in the near distance in front of her and not just on a photo, was a whole other feeling. It felt incredible. She shot another photo, before facing them again. Smiling. "And now I'm here."
"Green Day made me also start listening to punk and rock," Calum stated, excitedly. "It was American Idiot in my case, though."
"No surprise." She was nodding vigorously at him. A wide grin spreading on her lips when a breeze tousled up their hair. Her long curls suffering more by it than the guys' short one. "American Idiot's melody is something else. The hidden anger from the shredding guitars and satiric lines are mind blowing."
His and Luke's eyes widened. She got it.
"Y-yes! Exactly. I was listening to the whole cd on the bus after school and I was taken aback. It was incredible."
Both were grinning to each other like always when agreeing. Luke pursed his lips, interfering then.
"Why not the Red Hot, though?" he asked. "I mean, they're your fave band after all."
She simply shrugged, putting her camera into her backpack. It seemed like raining soon and she didn't want it to get wet.
"No clue. Maybe because everyone in my family listens to them and I didn't want to like their stuff."
A lopsided smirk appearing on his lips. "A little rebel, I see."
"So you just didn't listen to rock music, cause everyone else wanted you to?" Calum laughed, shaking his head, "Such a brat."
She stuck out her tongue and also laughed with him. "You're the brat, Cal. Why didn't you listen to it before?"
His smirk turned to a straight line, his brown eyes giving her a serious look.
"Are you serious? The only musical influence in my house was Mali and you know what stuff she listens to. I mean, I like this stuff, too. Sometimes. But it's nothing compared to Green Day."
She moved her lips from one side to another, slightly nodding her head. "True. Well, at least she didn't listen to weird bubblegum pop."
"Well," Luke said, looking around over people's heads. It mind sound childish and dumb, but he felt left out in this conversation, so he tried to bring himself in. "I got into it because of Good Charlotte."
The grin on his face slowly fading though as he saw Tally's questioning expression. Pinching her brows together while thinking intensively.
"Good Charlotte?" she repeated, her eyes wandering around. As she tried to find out if this name rang a bell. "Oh wait, isn't one of those twins married to Cameron Diaz?" Her eyes lit up, smiling.
His mouth opened slightly. Letting out a dry laugh. "Is that all you know of them?"
Pursing her delicate lips, she started chewing on them. "I knew this band name. I just have no clue what their music sounds like to be honest."
The blond exhaled deeply, shaking his head in disappointment. "I've got to show you so many good bands. You're really missing out."
She turned her head away, not wanting them so see her smiling to herself. It was kind of flattering how Luke wanted to make sure she listened to his favourite bands.
"We actually met her."
Calum's random statement out of nowhere made her head snap up abruptly. "You mean Cameron Diaz?" He nodded a lopsided smirk across his face.
She groaned. It sounded more like a whining though. "You know, I really hate you guys and your connections. Like, yeah you're famous and get to know other famous people. But still." She shook her head. "It's unfair."
"Aw. Don't be so jealous. Doesn't suit you," he chuckled.
Huffing, she crossed her arms. Pretending being actually mad. "It's my right as a non-famous person."