NINETEEN; EVEN HEROES NEED HELP

TO FEEL THE WARMTH of Theseus' skin against the inside of her hand allowed Tyne to breathe normally again

TO FEEL THE WARMTH of Theseus' skin against the inside of her hand allowed Tyne to breathe normally again. To be so close to death just an hour before and find herself in front of him, she was speechless. Part of her believed perhaps she had died and was only living the ending she had so desperately wanted for years. To be free of her personal hell and to be reunited with Theseus. There were so many to thank, but no one seemed to want an apology from her even when she tried.

Garrick had stopped her before she could even get the word out of her mouth, telling her that he was only thankful that she was safe. He still didn't know all the details behind her running off, but he resected the fact that it wasn't the time. He only hoped that she gained some closure that she wanted.

And when Tyne tried to apologise to Leta for bringing a swirl of drama into her life, Leta wouldn't hear any of it. She confessed that part of her always knew that she and Theseus were not meant to be. It was just two people trying to gain comfort, trying to find someone to feel a gaping hole in their hearts. It worked temporarily, but Leta told Tyne that she would never want to stand in the way of Theseus' true happiness.

When faced with Theseus, Tyne didn't even know where to begin. She thought about her time in the tank, those moments where she truly believed she was going to die. All that ran through her mind was the last spoken words she had with Theseus. How she had been angry with him for sending her off to live with Newt. It wasn't fair to him. After so many years of being gone and showing back up in his life in the most unexpected way, there was no standard way for Theseus to react.

"I'm so sorry," she whispered to him as he drew her close to him, " I-"

"No, Tyne," Theseus interrupted her, "I'm sorry. I'm sorry I wasn't strong enough when we were younger."

Her eyes met his, confusion washing over her features. "Theseus, what are you talking about? Strong enough how? It wasn't your fault-"

"I should have said something that day at the train station," he said, " I should have said something to your father. I should have kept you close to me, something could have been done. I shouldn't have let you go with him."

"There's no way you could have known what was going to happen. I didn't know what was going to take place until it actually happened and even then, I didn't fully understand it right away. You can't blame yourself for any of it. Please, don't blame yourself."

She could feel him trembling under her touch as he tried so hard to maintain his composure. For so long, Tyne had blamed herself for not trying harder to escape, she blamed herself for not being strong enough to fight back against her captors, but it never crossed her mind that Theseus would blame himself for what happened. She could hear how much guilt he carried by just how much his voice shook.

But before he could say anything else, the moment was interrupted by Theseus being summoned by one of his colleagues. There was a hesitation on his behalf where it almost appeared as if he wasn't going to leave. However, Tyne reassured him that she would remain in place until he returned. And before he left, he planted one more kiss on her forehead, promising he would be right back.