Chapter 15

Today I have to go home. I can't hide out at Ryder's house forever. I'm just sad. Yah know. I don't want Marty to be mad at me forever. He is my brother. I know some sibling fight and don't get along very well, but that is not us. We have always been super close. I get why he's mad thought. Who wouldn't be.

I just felt horrible. He probably feels so betrayed right now. I hop up, still in the same clothes as yesterday. Ryder is still asleep. I leave a note telling him that I am heading home. I pack all of Rosie's things and grab her. She is still sleeping and I don't want to wake her.

Arriving home I am nervous. What if he hates me? I can't live without my brother. I walk up the stones leading to the door and gently push it open. My family has always gotten up super early so I'm guessing that they are all wake by now.

I hear busking in the kitchen so that is where I head.

"Hey Betty dear," My mom says and grabs Rosie from out of my hands and starts baby talking to her.

"Hey mom," I say and sigh, "Do you know where Matt is?"

"He left very early this morning. I'm not exactly sure where he went but he said that he will be back late." She responds.

"Why don't I watch Rosie today and you can have a day out like a normal teenager." My mom suggested.

"Really mom? That would mean the world to me!" I respond with. I love Rosie with all my heart but sometimes you just need a day off.

I go up to my room and take a quick shower and get ready for the door. I figured that I could text Ryder and we could hang out and talk about some things. We still haven't talked about and arrangement for Rosie and we needed to. Sometimes I feel like such a bad mom. But not everybody is perfect.

Ryder and I decided that we would meet at the food court in the mall. Once I arrived I was reminded of all of the good times I have had here. When my friends and I started an accidental food fight in McDonald's and got kicked out or that time that we picked out our dresses for the formal.

Ryder was at a table in the corner. How him. I waved at him and he waved back as I started walking to him. I pulled out a chair and sat down.

"Hey Ry," I say.

"Hey Beth."

"Sorry about leaving so abruptly this morning. I wanted to get home and try to talk to Matt."

"No. Don't worry about it. It's completely fine. How's Rosie today?"

"Well mom said that she would watch her today so she's probably having the time of her life. You know how it is with grandmas." I say with a little chuckle. Grandmas in my family had always spoiled their grandkids, getting them basically everything that they wanted.

After that we had a really good conversation. We talked about Rosie, Matt, and just life in general. It was.... nice, to say the least. Talking with Ryder was so carefree. You didn't have to worry about anything because he was so supportive to his family and friends. I looked at my phone and realized that we hade been talking for three hours! I needed to get home. I didn't want my mom to think that I was pawning Rosie off on her.

"Oh my god. It getting late, I should probably go." I said.

"Let me walk you to your car." Ryder said as we packed up our things from the table. I picked up my purse and we started walking to my car. The sun was starting to set, but it was still light enough outside that you could see.

Surprisingly our cars were pretty close. His was just a few cars down from mine.

"Well I guess this is where we split." He said.

"Yeah. I guess it is. I will see you tomorrow when you come pick up Rosie, right," I said.

"Of course."

"Bye."

"Bye."

I grabbed my keys out of my purse and clicked the bottom that unlocked my door. Just as my hand was on the handle I heard Ryder calling my name. I turned around to see him jogging towards me.

He reached me and grab my waist and pulled me closer and just ... kissed me.