Chapter 76.

Max slams her bedroom door as I reach the top of the stairs. I turn the knob, half expecting it to be locked but it opens.

"Maxxy, are you okay?" I ask, unsure what else to say. She answers me by grabbing the lamp off the nightstand and slamming it against the wall. The glass base shatters from the impact. I jump back and a small shriek comes out against my will.

She paces over to the desk, grabs the small keyboard and rips it out of the desktop computer, tossing it behind her.

"Max, please stop!" I yell. She doesn't look at me.

"Why? Why Charli? It's not like he can't afford to buy a new fucking computer!" She yells and knocks the monitor to the ground.

"You're right." I say and step on top of the keyboard,  crushing it further.

"What? What are you doing?" She asks as I pick it up and drop it back on the ground. I'm not really sure what I am doing but the keyboard is already broken, and this seems like the best idea at the moment.

"I'm helping you." I tell her, confusion flashes in her angry eyes before humor takes over. I pick up the monitor and throw it against the floor. She walks over with a small smile on her lips as I pick it up again her hands stop mine and she takes the monior out of my hands and sits it on the desk.

"You're not mad at me for yelling at my dad like that?" She asks and cups my cheeks, her thumbs gently caress my cheeks as her eyes bore into mine.

"No, you have every right to express yourself. I would never be mad about that." She just had a fight with her dad but she is worried about me being mad at her? "Unless of course you're being mean for no reason, which in this case you weren't."

"Wow." She says. The small gap between our lips is too tempting. I lean forward and press mine against her, she immediately opens her mouth deepening the kiss. My fingers twist into her hair and she groans as I put more force into it. Her anger rolls off of her like a tidal wave, I push her back a little and she turns me around so the bottom of my back hits the desk. Her hands attach to my hips and she lifts me onto the desk. I am her distraction. The thought of me being what Max needs makes my stomach flutter and my head tilts back as she continues to push her tongue against mine, standing between my legs as I sit on the desk.

"Closer" She moans into my mouth, her hands grip the back of my knees and she pulls me to the edge. My hands tug at her jeans and she pulls her mouth away from mine.

"What..?" She raises an eyebrow at me. She must think I am insane, coming in here helping her break things, and now trying to undress her. Maybe I am insane? I don't care at the moment. All I care about is the way the curve of Max's collarbones are shadowed by the moonlight coming through the bay window, the way one of her hands is holding my face like I am fragile despite her trying to break everything in the room minutes ago.

I answer her wordlessly by wrapping my legs around her and pulling her closer.

"I really thought you were going to storm in here and tell me off." She smiles and presses her forehead against mine.

"You were wrong." I remind her with a smug smile.

"Very. I don't want to go back down there tonight." She says, eyes searching mine.

"That's fine. You don't have to." She relaxes and her moves her head to the crook of my neck. I am surprised by how easy this is between us. I had expected her to snap at me, maybe even try to make me leave when I came in here, but here she is leaning on me. I can tell she is really trying to navigate this relationship the best she can, despite the fact that she is one giant mood swing.