Chapter 81.

I am beyond annoyed Max's unnecessary attitude but I hadn't expected her to leave and now that she did I wish I would have made her talk to me about what was bothering her. I am just as stubborn as she is sometimes. I brush the tangles out of my wet hair and put on the light pink lingerie I bought today. I slip a t-shirt over my head and look over my stuff for tomorrow. All I can think about is where she went, I know it I obsessive and a little crazy but I can't help it. I hope she isn't with Molly.

While deciding whether or not to call Max, I receive a text message from Addison saying that she won't be back to the room tonight. She might as well move in with Tristan and Sam, she stays there five nights a week and Tristan absolutely adores her. He probably told her about his job on their second date and he probably wouldn't snap at her and leave for no reason. "Lucky Addison." I say to myself and grab the remote for her television, my fingers press the buttons absentmindedly and I settle on a rerun of Friends that I have seen at least one hundred times. I can't remember the last time I just watched television, usually my time is spent with Max, studying, or reading. It is nice to just lay in bed and watch a simple comedy, to escape from the pointless fight with Max.

After a few episodes, I feel my eyes getting heavy. In my sleepy state my anger momentarily disappears and I text Max goodnight, she doesn't reply before sleep overtakes me.

"Shit." A loud thud wakes me up. I jolt up and turn on the lamp to find a stumbling Max trying to navigate the dark room.

"What are you doing?" I ask her. When she looks up at me her eyes are red and glossy. She is drunk. Great.

"I came here to see you." She says and plops down in the chair.

"Why?" I whine. I want her here but not drunk and at two in the morning.

"Because I missed you."

"Then why did you leave?"

"Because you were annoying me." Ouch.

"I'm going back to bed, you're drunk and you're obviously going to be mean again.

"I'm not being mean Charli. And I am not drunk, okay I am but so what?"

"I don't care that you are drunk but it's a school night and I need my sleep." I would stay up all night with her if I knew she wouldn't say hurtful things to me the entire time.

"It's a school night." She mocks me. "Could you be more of a square?" She laughs.

"You should just go." I say and lay back down. I turn to face the wall. I don't like this Max, I want my semi-sweet Max back. Not this drunk jerk stumbling into my room at two in the morning.

"Aww baby, don't me mad at me." She says but I ignore her. "Do you really want me to go? You know what happens when I sleep without you." She almost whispers.

My heart sinks. I do know what happens when she sleeps without me but it's not fair for her to use that against me when she is drunk and taunting me.

"Fine. You can stay but I am going to bed."

"Why? You don't want to hang out with me?"

"You are drunk and being mean." I finally turn back around to face her.

"I'm not being mean, all I said was you were being annoying." Her expression is neutral.

"That's sort of mean to say to someone. Especially when all I did was ask you about your job."

"Oh god, not this again. Come on Charli, just drop it. I don't want to talk about that right now." Her voice is whiney and she slurs her words.

"Why did you drink tonight?" I don't mind if she drinks, I am not her mother and she is an adult. The thing that bothers me is that every time she drinks there is a reason behind it. She doesn't just drink for fun.