Chapter 14

(Warning, mentions of self-harm, and a character encouraging suicide.) (Also, I haven't written in a while so this may be crap.)

"Holy frick." Lloyd mumbled as he tried to block flashing cameras' light with his hand "Dude I literally was dead two hours ago, please stop with the cameras." He muttered quietly as he walked "I just want a comic book."

He'd tried to sneak out the window of the castle but had been caught by Kai who had simply grumbled "You died just a few hours ago, you're not going anywhere alone." Lloyd looked over at Kai

"Still think I shouldn't've climbed out the window?"

"There may have been less press if I had let you..."

"Ya think?"

Kai laughed "All this for a comic book? Is it worth it?"

"Yep, I have money that I got from mowing people's lawns in Jamanikai village a few weeks before I became emperor, so I can get this comic."

"Okay man, I'm just saying, there's other stuff you can spend your money on."

"Like candy."

"Uh sure."

"I like candy."

"I know ya do buddy." Kai laughed as the two walked towards Doomsday Comics

———

Lloyd grinned as he opened his new comic and a big bag of sour patch kids. Garmadon pokes his head in "Go to bed it's ten."

"Ten more minutes."

"No, you already don't sleep enough, and I wanted you to be in bed by nine."

"Yeah, pretty sure I have insomnia or something." Lloyd answered pulling out his phone

"You don't know that."

"The internet says it's pretty common, and pretty self-diagnosable." Lloyd showed Garmadon the phone

"The internet also says it can be liked to depression, poor sleeping habits, anxiety, and a whole bunch of other things." Garmadon replied, taking Lloyd's phone "And that there are over three million cases per year."

"I mean technically I do have anxiety."

"What?"

"A few years after you... Died, uncle Wu got worried because I was acting weird and well, anxiety, and for a while depression."

"Oh."

"You were gone for a long time dad, but you're here now and not dead and not evil so it's gonna turn out okay."

"Yeah." Garmadon said as he hugged his son "You didn't do anything to yourself when you had depression... Did you?"

"Uh..."

"Lloyd."

"Um..."

"LLOYD."

"It was only a few times, and Kai caught me and hid everything that's sharp from me for months."

"Son."

"I'm fine now, that's what matters."

"Son."

"Dad."

"You haven't recently... Right?"

"No, of course I haven't. I.... It was hard after everything.... Y'know with you... Dying, and the whole Morro situation."

"Did he, say something to you, that made you..."

"I..." Lloyd breathed "Kind of.... He was in my head, both literally and figuratively, I couldn't get away, and he wouldn't stop... Encouraging me to... to." Lloyd made a gesture that looked like he was stabbing his own stomach "Off myself once he got want he wanted." He mumbled