Chapter Seventy-One: Birthday

"We don't have to tell them," Jack whispered in my ear that morning.

I stayed at his apartment for the past few weeks. While most of the time we laid around and talked for hours about how neither of us really knew what we were doing. There was this exciting feeling in the air. Today though was March 22, Ryleigh Dun's birthday. Jack and I had one other appointment in which he did get to go too. We were testing out different OBGYN's to see which one we both liked.

"Jack we already paid for extra prints of the ultrasound," I grumbled as he rubbed his beard against my cheek signaling I needed to get up and get ready.

I resulted in wearing Jack's clothes and rolling his pants leg up and pinning them with some double side tape or some safety pins. Jack always tried to cook breakfast which usually resulted in us just eating frozen waffles or making scrambled eggs.

I got up and went into the bathroom and brushed my teeth. Jack came up behind me grabbing his toothbrush as I looked at him. I continued to brush my teeth while he pulled me back against his body. He gave a sloppy kiss on my cheek getting some toothpaste on me.

"Jack!" I giggled looking for a hand towel to wipe my face.

Jack quickly rinsed his mouth and toothbrush darting out of the bathroom and getting dressed. I rolled my eyes eventually finding his hand towels and wiping my face. I resulted in trying to find in clothes I had left at Jack's what felt like months ago. My jeans were starting to get tighter and it felt like I was wearing a bra that was a size too small for me.

"Can I just say-" I glared at him feeling like I knew the comment that was going to come out of his mouth.

"Okay. I was just going to say it's amazing that your body is doing this," Jack got up from the bed where he was sitting in his boxers to find a pair of skinny jeans on the floor.

Jack threw on the skinny jeans and went to his closet finding a random t-shirt and putting it on. I threw on a deep v-neck maroon shirt that exposed my chest while I knew this would bother. He just stared at me in a mirror with a smirk on his face.

"Do you want to stop at the doctor's office and see if we can hear the heartbeat again and get that on recording or something for them?" Jack said and I subconsciously knew he was afraid of us going in one day and there not being a heartbeat.

We were told the rates of miscarriage early on. We were suggested to wait until our twelve-week appointment before announcing anything. We were one week short of twelve weeks. Everything was going fine. I was recommended to get a doppler soon and to try and find the heartbeat on my own that we should be able to soon. I think it was just the doctor's office politely asking is to stop coming in.

"I mean I think their godparents would like," I giggled.

Jack groaned flipping me off.

"I still can't believe Lisa was the first to know and you let her and Alex call dibs. At least Alex didn't try and call dibs on naming the little one," Jack said and wrapped his arms around me swaying our bodies in time.

"Oh no Jay that is our job and if you suggest something stupid it will be my job," I looked him in the eyes and spoke so seriously and patted his chest.

I picked up Ryleigh's gift as an engagement gift for both her and Zack. Jack and I both bought separate gifts for each of them Jack went along the lines of whiskey and wine. I went along the lines of baby items. I knew it would not take either of them long after they were married it was also a subtle hint at Jack and I. I grabbed the bags as Jack grabbed the keys and we walked toward the car.

"So are Carlos and Tyler coming?" Jack said looking at me as I nodded.

"Yeah so are Jenna, Ty, and Ro," I made a mental note of who all would be here celebrating Ryleigh's birthday.