Chapter 42: I Love You (Alex & Sierra)

'Cause I love you
More than you think I do
And I love you
Now you don't want me to

"Harry what was that?"

After punching my boss and causing a scene, I decided to pull Harry away from Jake. Not even sure how far we walked but I just needed to take Harry as far away as possible from Jake. I don't even understand why is he acting this way.

I stopped walking and faced him. The Empire State building is visible behind him.

"Do you care to explain why you decided to hit my boss?" I am pissed.

Jake is still my boss, he is the VP of the advertising firm regardless of my relationship with him, he is still my boss.

"That guy was harrassing you," he said and he sounded even more pissed that I am.

Shaking my head at him, I took a deep breath.

"What are you even doing there? And how did you know my workplace?" I asked.

"I googled it and I was going to pick you up for dinner," he sighed. "When I got there I saw that asshole, holding you hand, I couldn't stop myself from hitting him." He added, this time he was calm.

Running my hand through my hair, "He is my boss," I said.

"I heard you the first time," he replied. "And as far as I know boss don't hold the hands of their subordinates," he was being sarcastic. "And why do you keep defending him?"

"Gosh! I am not defending him." I raised my voice, not caring if there are people passing by. "Do you realized that you are jeopardizing my job for what you did?"

He smiled in disbelief. "Why? Do you let your boss hold your hands for promotion?"

My blood went up to my head and my hand immediately landed on his face. "How dare you?"

I was about to walk away when he went in front of me and blocked my way.

"Be honest with me, what is your relationship with that guy," he said with his left cheek scarlet from my slapping. "I am not stupid, I know what I saw," he says.

Taking a deep sighed I looked at straight to his green eyes. How can he remain so beautiful despite this situation?

"He is the guy I am seeing," I said almost a whisper.

I saw the pain in his eyes. "And what are we?"

Closing my eyes, I didn't know what to say but one thing I know is, I can't keep on with this game.

"It's just a game," I said.

At the moment, tears fell from his eyes, and my knees turned to jelly.

"A game." He said nodding while wiping his tears using the back of his hand.

"Did you really think that I have forgotten everything that you did? I trusted you, I loved you, I gave you everything but you took my innocence and you broke my heart," I said trying so hard not to cry.