Nineteen

© 2014 SilverStream22. All Rights Reserved.

_____________________________________________________________________________

~STARK~

"Morrisey, please keep in mind that I don't appreciate you clutching onto my bare skin. Your hands are freezing." Jazz grumbled, pulling Lorena's hands off his arm.

"What am I supposed to do?" she whined, "Iris got Draver and he's like a space heater."

Jazz stiffened, turning around. In a quick, fluid movement, he detached Iris from Draver. "Kindly keep your hands off him, Iris. You know that we are spoken for."

"Calm down, calm down." she laughed, "I mean no harm. It's just that it's cold here."

"We're underground, what do you expect?" Alric retorted, a puff of warm air leaving his lips.

"How do you fare, Xerxes?" Jazz's hand settled on my shoulder. 

"I'm fine... Katya however..."

There was a surrounding sigh. 

"I know." Lorena muttered, "I'm worried about her too. Those curse marks... it has to be Kaleesi. How did she find us though?"

"Probably Stark using his bloody affinity." Draver growled from across me.

I kept behind, watching out for them. There was moments when the light didn't appear until a few meters away, something that sent a tidal wave of anger through me. Of course, Winry was as incompetent and arrogant as ever. My shoulders relaxed. However, she did save us from a gory encounter from Orion's followers.

At the sound of slighting earth, I switched my eagle eye vision into an infrared filter, scanning the area around us.

"What's wrong?" Iris concerned, looking around as well.

The shadow of a blue thermal glided by, causing me to blink back into normal vision. "Wraiths. They're in the walls of the tunnel. Don't touch the sides-"

"I can't even see the sides," Lorena exclaimed, "So much for amplified Lycan vision. This is about as dark as-"

"Stark's personality?" Alric joked.

I sent him a wry smile. "Hilarious, you are."

"What can I say? I was gifted with my incredible sense of humor-"

"More like cursed." Draver laughed, his heat ramped up at the slight shiver the dropped through the area.

"Whoa. Big drop in temperature. Stark, visual." Lorena demanded.

I tensed, switching my vision back to infrared. The enclosing walls around us were a bright blue, almost as bright as the sky would be if we weren't under here.

"We've taken a break too long. We should keep moving past them." Jazz insisted, getting prepared to speed off out of our resting spot.

"How? There's a swarm of them trapped in the wall, if we go by them they'll absorb our life force before we can blink, the only one of us you can afford having to be able to touch them is Iris." Lorena muttered. "One brush from me and I'm an old woman six feet under- literally."

"Breathe." Jazz assured us all, though the shaky undertone in his voice wasn't missed by any of us.

I couldn't hold it to him, after all, he was the one who had bad experience with wraiths the most, especially those who lurked underground.

"Stay close." I instructed, our shoulder brushing together or against another's back or front.  I dropped a thermal filter, scanning the wraiths that stalked the walls, just aching for one little touch so we could have our lives taken away in seconds.