Chapter 11

"Tiger..." Dahyun tried to call his friend.

Gazing out the window, Chaeyoung didn't seem to hear his friend as he was deeply immersed in his thoughts.

"Yah, Chaeyoung!" Dahyun tried to call him again but still, he got no response. "Aish." He rolled his eyes and immediately hit his friend's head with the test paper he was holding.

"Yah! What's that for?" Chaeyoung scowled as Dahyun finally caught his attention.

"Aish! Just get one of this and pass it at the back." Dahyun stated and gave him the test papers in his hand. "Stop daydreaming about your girlfriend." He said before turning back to his seat. They are having their mock test for their history subject today.

Chaeyoung hissed hearing the latter before carelessly passing the remaining papers to the person at his back.

When their examination started Chaeyoung seriously tried his best to focus and understand all the words he was reading but he just annoyingly find it hard to do so because he hadn't really got the chance to sleep as he waited for Mina until the daylight appear. But unfortunately she didn't show up.

'How could she just leave me just like this?' He sighed in exasperation and just forced his mind and body to continue his task and try to face the day in the best way he can.

-

After Chaeyoung finished taking the examination he immediately went to his mom's office in the university.

He looks around the hallway before peeking inside the office. He sighed and decided to sneak in when he sees that there's no one inside the room.

Quickly, he went to his mom's laptop on her table to search for Mina's profile.

Minutes later, he finally found what he's looking for. He bit his lower lip and immediately pulled his phone from his pocket and took a quick shot on the screen.

He's just so frustrated right now and he totally hates how it feels. 'I need to find her, I need to talk to her.'  Chaeyoung needs to see Mina as soon as possible. He needs an explanation to every question running in his mind right now because it feels like it's starting to make him go crazy.

"Why is this door open?"

Chaeyoung startled and immediately moved away from his mom's desk as he heard her voice.

"Chaeyoung baby, what are you doing here?" Nayeon asked as she finally enters her office and noticed her son standing near her desk.

"Well, actually... nothing... I just...." He stopped and stares at his mom for a moment before giving her a big smile. "...I just came here to see you, mom." He stated and stepped forward to reach his mom and give her a warm hug. "I'm just kinda missing you."

Nayeon lifted her brows in surprise. "Didn't we just see each other last weekend?" She asked hugging her son back.

A faint smile formed on his lips as he remembered her mom's party. An image of Mina while happily dancing with him in the balcony flashes to his mind. His jaw involuntarily clenches. He closed his eyes and hugs his mom tightly. "I just... I just missed hugging you like this, mom," he said almost in a whisper.

"Aigoo, my baby." Nayeon smiles and caresses her son's back.

Chaeyoung sighed heavily feeling her motherly touch for a moment. He pressed his lips together. It is just what he needed right now.

"Why do I have this feeling that there's something bothering you right now?"

"What?" Chaeyoung pulled out from his mom's hug and smiled at her curiously. "I'm perfectly fine."