Chapter 12

"You're still here?"

Chaeyoung looked up as his father enters the room. He's inside his father's office right now busy working on some documents on his laptop.

"Yah, didn't I told you to go home and take a break?" Jeongyeon said as he walks towards his son.

"Yeah but I need to finish this one first," Chaeyoung answered as he shifted back his full attention on the laptop in front of him.

"I'm really glad that you start taking interest in our business now... But don't overdo it, son." Jeongyeon crossed his arms around his chest and sighed as he leaned his lower body on the desk where his son is working.

"Don't worry dad. I'm actually having fun with this." He said without taking off his eyes on the screen.

Jeongyeon stares at him for a moment before he speaks again. "Yeah, you're having much fun you already have dark circles around your eyes." Jeongyeon snorted and hold his son's chin. "Aish, look at that. There's already a stubble on your face. I haven't seen that for a long time."

Chaeyoung simply hissed as he gently shoves his father's hand.

"You know, I was really happy and surprised when you came to me and told me that you wanted to start learning about our business even you passed the agreement that we had with Ms.Myoui..."

His jaw suddenly clenches as he heard the latter. It's almost two weeks now since he met and talk to Mina's father. And everything from that day seemly went by painfully slow that he hates every second of it. To get through the days, he pushed himself in schoolwork, his modeling job, and just lately he started taking up responsibility on their family's business.

"...But as I am looking at you right now I can see that something is bothering you, you're not being yourself." Jeongyeon stated as he curiously looks straight at his son.

"I don't know what you're trying to say, dad..." Chaeyoung scoffed and forced a smile.

"Son, you're not like this. Have you tried to look at yourself in the mirror? Where did my looks conscious son go?"

"Dad, I'm perfectly fine."

"Chaeyoung—" Jeongyeon was suddenly interrupted when someone knocks on the door.

It was his secretary. "Sorry to disturb you, sir. But Director Jeong Eunji from Apink Firm is already here waiting inside the conference room for the emergency meeting this afternoon."

"God, I almost forgot." Jeongyeon sighed. He looks at his son again and tapped his shoulder. "We'll talk later after this..."

As his father finally leave the room Chaeyoung sighed and brushes his hair with his two hands then lean his elbows on the table. 

"I'm perfectly fine." He scoffed as he remember what he just said earlier.

-

If not spending his time with schoolwork, modeling, or their family business Chaeyoung always finds his way to keep his mind occupied by forcing to entertain himself in the bar with alcohol besides him.

He was about to take another shot from the bottle of beer on his hand when someone suddenly took it away from him.

Chaeyoung massaged his forehead as his brows furrowed in irritation glaring at Dahyun who's standing in front of him holding his bottle.