Chapter 23 - Melanie

"You doin' okay?" Wolfe murmurs as he hands me my mug.

"Fine," I smile back and take it from him. My legs swing off the island mindlessly but Wolfe stops them with his hand, pushing my knees apart so he can't stand between them. I'm at eye-level whenever I sit on the counter and I look into his now, dark brown with flickers of blue that only pop out when he's feeling something intense. That shade of blue has never looked so prominent as he stares at me. "What?"

He doesn't answer right away. Instead, his hand slips behind my neck as he ducks his head, his mouth meeting mine. I set my mug down so I can wrap my arms around his neck and pull him closer. I'd forgotten what a good kisser he is. Of course I didn't forget our first kiss but it got hazy as the weeks went by, the heightened intensity that I felt when it first happened diminished over time even though I thought about it all the time. I always wondered if I'd have the chance to kiss him again, so he could give me that same feeling that I'd become addicted to when I first got a taste. Now I'm drunk on it because we haven't been able to keep our mouths off each other for the past couple of hours we've been fooling around.

Intimacy with Wolfe is unlike anything I've ever experienced. I'm used to shutting off entirely when getting physical with anyone. I have my reasons for engaging in sex anyways, because having consensual sex makes me feel like I'm getting my power back, the very power that was constantly taken from me over the years. Having consensual sex has helped me heal physically, teaching my body that something that was ruined for me can actually feel really good. It's what it does to me mentally that I'm working on. My brain is so used to turning off during intimacy that turning it back on has always been — up until now — impossible. But I didn't turn myself off once when Wolfe touched me. I fought against it and everything he did to me, and everything I did to him, I felt it. I felt him.

I moan softly into his mouth when his tongue tangles with mine, our kiss going from innocent to explosive within seconds. We're so greedy for each other it's a miracle we stopped at foreplay. But I insisted on it because Wolfe already did so many new things physically I don't want to overwhelm him. So I showered since he'd come all over me and I was a mess and told him to grab something to eat in the meantime. Besides, we still have a lot to talk about because we promised we were done with the secrets and I don't want any between us when we have sex. I'm not going to taint his first time like that. But we'll get to that. Right now we're enjoying each other way too much and I'm okay with that.

"Wolfe," I laugh when he pulls away and pushes me to lie back against the counter. I lift up on my elbows to raise a brow at him. "What are you doing?"

"I want you," He says simply and tugs on my legs until my ass is hanging off the edge of the counter. He reaches underneath the shirt of his I'm wearing and takes hold of my panties, sliding them off and letting them drop to the floor. He locks my ankles at the back of his neck, his hands grazing up my legs until he's gripping my thighs.

"You just had me," I remind him breathlessly when he bends his head. My stomach flips with anticipation, remembering what it was like to have his mouth on me. He did an unbelievable job for his first time so I know he's only going to get better.

"And it wasn't enough," He mumbles. He lifts his eyes for a moment, holding my gaze while his lips slowly curl up into a barely-there smirk, and then his tongue pushes into me.

"Oh my God," I cry out, unable to hold myself up anymore. I fall back against the counter with my eyes closed shut as his tongue works me without any instruction. Jesus, he's a fast study. He remembers exactly what I like, from pressure to speed, and I'm alarmed that tension is already building low in my abdomen. I know Wolfe has always been a quick learner but I think I underestimated just how good he is. His fingers dig into my thighs to hold me in place when I start squirming uncontrollably. He feels so good it's almost too much. "Oh! God, just like that."