Sanemi Shinazugawa |Don't be Scared

Requested by: TheFreakyAnimeGirll

You were one of the new demon slayers who passed and as everyone said you are a really softhearted person, though you easily get embarrassed and shy around people, it is this quality that made a certain pillar have a change of heart. 

to you, the pillars are all really nice, even the giant rock pillar who was deemed to be really scary. but for some reason there was one person who you always want to avoid, Sanemi Shinazugawa, you don't know why but his very presence intimidates you, his permanent glare would send shivers down your spine and his loud voice scares the heck out of you.

but recently, Sanemi had been showing up in front of you, whenever you walk on the hallway you would encounter him, when you would get treatment on the butterfly estate he was also there. when he would approach you, you would make excuses and ran away from him.

you don't know why but you just really get scared of him. you though you could keep running away from him but this time there was no escape route. You and Sanemi were assigned on a mission together, you don't know how it happened but your heart was getting crazy just from thinking of being alone with him.

"Shi..shinazu..gawa-sama" you softly called as you approached the wind pillar, you made sure that you keep looking at the ground to avoid his gaze.

"You sure took your time" he said as he waited outside the gate of the headquarters.

"so..sorry!" you quickly apologize bowing down. 

"tch!" he click his tongue as he turned around and quickly walk away to hide his red face. Sanemi knew he likes you, that he knew more than  anyone. but there's no way he knows how to say it to you. 

He really wanted to get to know you, so he tried to approach you multiple times, even awkwardly standing on the hallway waiting for you, injuring himself just so he had an excuse to come and see you on the butterfly estate.

he did successfully encounter you but he had no idea what to say so always ended up scowling at you even shouting at you one time, resulting you to always ran away from him. Finally, he asked Oyakata-sama for help, asking him to assign missions together with you and so the current situation.

"Shi..shinazu..gawa-sama" you softly called behind him as the two of you walk towards the village.

"what?!" he unintentionally shouted as he look back at you.

"ah...eh...can you...slow down...a bit..you-you're walking..to fast for me" you said looking away anywhere but him, but to Sanemi's eyes you was so freaking cute.

"okay" he plainly said as he slowed down, even going slower to match your walking phase, to the point that both of you were walking side by side.

"..."

"..."

neither of you were talking, but for some reason it was not that awkward rather it was more pleasant than you though. While Sanemi was having a melt down, he finally got the chance to be alone with you thanks to Oyakata-sama but here he was wasting it. as he was last in though he didn't notice he has his fist clench so hard that it start to bleed.

"Shi-shi-shinazugawa-sama! you're hand!" you said and being the kind person your are, you quickly grab his hand and examine the bleeding hand.

"what happened? good thing I brought some bandages" you muttered as you brought out some bandages and wrap it around his hand. all the while Sanemi was staring at you as you worried at his hand, he just snap back to reality when you called out for him again.

"A-are you..okay shinazugawa-sama?" you called as he become unresponsive through the whole time.

"Sanemi" he suddenly said 

"eh?" you asked confuse even tilting you head to the side.

"From now on, call me Sanemi" He said as a faint red hue covers his face.

"eh?! are you sure?" you asked again, a little scared that he might chance his mind.

"I am, now say it!" he forcefully said

"ah eh...Sa-Sane..mi-sama" you cutely said with matching red face from embarrassment seeing your expression, Sanemi almost lost it, if it weren't for his strong self restraint he would have jump on you then.

"That's good!come on!" he said flustered as he turned around again with a red face

when you arrive on the village, it was already dark and taking out the demon was an easy thing to do, Since Sanemi was already strong and for some reason he seems to be in a good mood.

"You're so amazing Shina-...Sanemi-sama" you applaud as you watch him single handedly defeat the demon, you don't even know why you're here in the first place, Sanemi was more than enough.

"of course I am!" he boost as he well up with pride from your praises.

"Hey!" he called out as he approach you, as the distance between you get shorter your heart beat faster, and as you saw his hand raise you though he was gonna hit you making you flinch then you close your eyes, seeing you flinch because of him kinda made him sad but he sure is gonna make it a lot better from now on.

As you close your eyes, you were waiting for him to hit you but instead you felt a pat on your head making you quickly open your eyes, and the sight of Sanemi right in front of your face his eyes staring at you left you breathless.

"don't be scared, I'll never hurt you" he coolly said as he smirk at your expression.

after that, the both of you went back to the headquarters hand intertwined together. it would take time to make you comfortable enough around him but he sure hell is never gonna give up.