{Chapter 6}

INDIGO POV
I was just coming to the climax of an interesting novel when I heard a knock on my window. My head shot toward it in fear. I grabbed my tiny pink pepper spray and tip toed to the window.

I moved the curtains aside to see Ren sitting in the tree waving like a psycho. Of course she is. I laughed and opened the window.
"What are you doing? There's a front door for a reason, you know?" I told her.
"Where's the fun in that?" She asked. I just rolled my eyes playfully. She looks like a monkey right now, in the tree with her lanky self. I love it.
"We're getting ready at my house so just come as you are, m'lady." She joked as she bowed and almost fell off the branch.
"Okay, but come down to the front door before you die!" I urged. She gave me a pouty look as she started to climb down. Whew, heartbeat: back to normal.
I grabbed my phone and ran down stairs. I was nervous because I had no idea where we were going, but excited because Renna was always fun.
I opened the door and Renna stepped inside. She looked rough, like Tarzan. She sure acted like him.
I pulled out a leaf from her hair, threw it outside, and closed the door.
In all truth, I thought she wouldn't come at all because it was 7:30 now and she said she would arrive at 7:00.

"Why are you late?" I asked her.
"We're going to be fashionably late, darling. It's in." She told me. I laughed.

I didn't like being late.

"Is your friend here, sweetheart?" My father asked from his study at the end of the hall.

"Yes, it is I! And I will take excellent care of your little Indigo as if my life depends on it. Swear! I am a noblewoman!" Ren replied.
I was fighting back a laugh at her boldness.

I could hear my father chuckle from his study.
"Well okay, love you and be safe!" He shouted.
I shouted a quick "will do!" And we were off.

In the car I finally asked her where we were going tonight. She told me a party.

Now was the perfect time to panic.

"A PARTY? I've barely been to a hangout with friends and we're going to a party with 100+ people. Oh no no no. Take me back home." I pleaded.

She looked at me like I was crazy. Heh, okay i'm the crazy one...
"Back home? No way, we're gonna have fun tonight and wear cool clothes and everything. Stop panicking, it's okay." She said.

"But, I-I can't, Renna. Too many people. I've never been to a party" I said softly.

"You'll be fine, Dig. I'll be there with you. Please do this for me?" She gave me the biggest puppy eyes. I'm a sucker for puppy eyes.

I guess it couldn't be that bad, right?

"Um, okay. I guess i will. For you." I gave in.

"That's the spirit! We're gonna have so much fun."
I guess we could have fun, I'll see the good in it if it makes my best friend happy. Maybe I could even meet new people, that would be cool, too.

If I could even begin to open my mouth and speak to them, that is.

We finally arrive at her house after a ride full of over thinking this whole situation.

It looks much bigger on the outside than it appears inside. Mostly because it has such a cozy feel that it makes you feel like your being cuddled by everything by around you. The walls were a light gray and the brown couch had wool blankets that just looked so soft. And candles. Lots of candles. Different shapes, sizes, colors, and smells. I liked it, though.

"Sorry about the candles, my moms a witch or something. Let's hurry up the stairs before she tries to read your palm." She started speeding up. I chuckled.

Her room looked just as I expected it to be. It just screamed Renna from the gargantuan speakers to the five different black lipstick tubes. I giggled a little at how cliche it was.
But time for serious matters.

I turned to her, "Now that I know we're going to a party, I can't wear this." I gestured towards my hello kitty fuzzy pants and white cami.

She gave me a sly grin. "You're right. You absolutely will not wear that." She replied.

She opened her closet doors, and with just a glance at some of the clothes, my eyes widened like saucers.

Oh chickens in a barn, somebody help me.