19.0

Pharaoh
Two days later

  "What do you mean you're leaving?" I asked looking at my pop who I was helping picking up form dinner. "Like for ever?  Y-you can't l-leave me"

  "I'm going to New York to handle a few things then I'm coming back king"

"What's in New York?" I asked and saw the annoyance on his face arrive. I still wanted to know, I mean I was made in New York- he met my mother there, what was his reason to go back? She's in jail and from what he tells the world he hates her a bit.

  "You're aunt Mo'Nae is getting shot at by yo moms boyfriend, I gotta calm his ass down" he spoke showing no sign of telling a lie.

  "You can't go! Pa! You always talk about how we left New York because of the danger! Why walk into it? Why can't she come here!" I was now panicking. I felt my blood pressure rise and my heart speed up as if the noise of the heart beat echoed in my ears, thump thump thump thump thump.

  "Can't lead them to the house it's dangerous, look at me Kiari- I'm gonna be fine, why you worried?" He asked but he didn't expect a hug to come from his son instead. I could tell because when I wrapped my arms around me he sighed before hugging me back

  "I just s-scared, I can't loose you"

"Relax, your dads staying here and so is Nay, I think DJ  was going to call Dior before we left"

"W-what? Dayquellz is going?" I asked looking up at my dad. "Why does he have to go too?"

  "He wanted to go, His parole officer said he can for 4 days"

"Four days?" I asked and he nodded as he started on the dishes and I dried, "can I come? Please!" I started begging but the lack of intrest made me realize he wasn't budging.

"King what are you begging for?" My dad asked and I then felt a bit luckier.

"Can I go to New York with pa and Dj?"

"You ain't got no business, what you wanna go for?"  He asked and I shook my head.

"Can I be excused?" I asked I heard my dad say yeah but my pops was complaining about  not having help anymore. I didn't waste time going to my room nearly bumped into Naylani on the way but I  didn't care. Shutting my door and looking for my phone I hovered over the call button before hitting it.  Within about 4 rings a loud background and shuffling Dayquellz answered the phone.

  "You good? What you need?"

"You're leaving?" I asked into the phone and it got quiet a bit, I heard him say excuse me to a few people then the background got even more quiet like he went outside.

  "What you talking bout king? What's wrong with you?" He asked and I chewed my inner cheek, I winced a bit at the hang nail I created then picked off from picking at my nails and grabbed a napkin.

  "You're leaving with pa and Dj? To New York right?" I asked again he didn't seem to want to answer.

  "Yeah I was thinking about going"

"Can you convince them to let me go?"

"You ain't going, Thats the end of that. Can we talk about this when I go home? I'm out right now"

  "Oh yeah, sure sorry to bother you" I spoke hanging up before he could say anything else, Dayquellz lies to me. He thinks I don't know but I know I get annoying,  he doesn't want to hang out with me all the time. He has to change his whole plans and often times I see what he really wants to say before he stops himself and tries not to hurt my feelings. I'm not this soft all the time, I don't know I'm just always anxious lately, and jumpy- and a bit uneasy but when I'm with Quelly it goes away, the same with my pa or dad but if I follow them around all day they question. I don't want them worrying, my dad worries enough and now Pa has to worry about some girl in New York. But the thought of them going all the way to New York makes me want to throw up.

For the rest of the  evening I didn't really do much, wasn't much to do- my pops was leaving tomorrow but neither of them seemed worried. Everyone just sat in the living room watching the movie as if nobody could die. I don't remember New York but I know we left for a reason, I also know a shoot out doesn't mean you get there and come back, it really means maybe all will come back- one might miss an arm. "King your fathers talking to you" my dad spoke, " that's right! I've been!" I down and saw Kamilia holding her hand out for some of my drink. I handed her some thinking that's what they wanted me for but my pop continued to say my name.

"You gotta look after the shop when I'm gone you hear me? Arnold is dumb! He cannot form sentences"

"B-but why y'all got to leave? Why can't everyone just stay here" I spoke and my pa blinked. He looked down at the twins and then back at me and blinked.

"It will be 3 days top King, and I'm gonna be here"

"Will you call?"

"King I know you scared and your hearts in the right place, but you are getting annoying- I'm gonna go take care of some things and come back, I've been away for longer than 3 days"

"Okay, what about just call me when you wake up?"

"Okay kiari imma call you when I wake up" he spoke Naylani sides eyes me the whole time. I didn't want to go sit in a room with a middle aged women again. Naylani tends to be a snitch, kings spiraling, pa king is not the same, king this king that. I'll be fine, I just need basketball back my biggest distraction. I didn't have time to do all this thinking until I got home and usually it was shower than eat.But if I'm lucky my dad will take me to the doctors about letting me play early when pa's away. Halfway through Frozen 2, both my parents snuck upstairs as to put the twins to bed, or as they claimed. They were going to fuck, it did lead me and Naylani but she went to talk to one of her friends on the phone running upstairs in giggles and screams.

    The shower calmed me down, maybe it was the hot water  or maybe it was the fact I almost fell asleep . But I was more relaxed then going in, yet when I got out all whatever calm feeling I had in my body left when I saw dayquellz in my room messing with stuff. Even though I had on a t shirt and boxers I covered my arms over my chest like I was covering something. "Ian like the way you hung up on me earlier" he spoke looking threw a few of my notebooks. I moved towards my bed to sit down and he watched me the whole way, his glossy eyes made me about to open my mouth but he shook his head.

"I've been sipping thats it, word to my dead" his eyes looked into mine long enough for me to know he was Serious before he made himself comfortable in my bed.

"Did you ask my dad?" I got under the covers and sat criss cross apple sauce picking at my comforter. When he looked at me with confusion and I knew he had forgot. Still I continued talking, "if I could go to New York with you guys?"

"Oh yeah no I didn't ask, you're not going" I looked at him with wide eyed as he said it so nonchalant. "Ain't no reason for you to go"

"B-but -please?"

"You wanna go why? Cause I'm going? Imma stay here if that's the case" he spoke bringing me closer to him,I rearranged myself so I was laying on top of the male who was now drawing shapes into my back.

  "B-but"

"Don't go there kiari, lets just leave it at that" That  basically meant he was done speaking on it with me. Which usually happened because he never thought I could handle certain conversations.