A Delightful Warmth

Newt apparated Jacob and Anna to the apartment within an instant. It was completely evident that Queenie was the only one home, mostly because of the high-pitched squeal that was released. And with a flash of pink Queenie was gripping Anna by the shoulders, away from Newt's grasp.

"Adelaide! Mercy Lewis – what happened?" She didn't give anyone enough time to answer as she read the events through their minds. She dramatically whirled around to face the two gentlemen. "What in the world were you thinking? What was that – that thing?"

Newt kept his head bent to the ground and he avoided eye contact, "It – it was an Erumpent . . ."

Queenie snapped back to her sister, "It doesn't matter! Oh, Addie, look at your dress. Uh – look at your forehead!"

"P-please don't c-call me Addie. I'm f-fine."

Queenie dragged her sister to the couch, clutching her shoulders, "You're freezing too! Why couldn't you two get to her faster?" she snapped.

Newt shuffled on his feet, clenching his fists, while Jacob stood completely still and wide-eyed at the drastic change the blonde sister had taken.

"I-it's not their f-fault, Queenie. I p-panicked and I f-fell," Anna clutched at the turquoise coat around her. "Look, I'm o-okay. They f-found me in t-time."

Queenie knelt down in front of her sister and kept her mouth slightly open with glassy eyes. She moved her head side to side from Anna to the two men frozen by the front door.

Jacob looked to be at a loss to what he should say. He seemed entirely focused on the fact that Queenie was upset with him.

Newt had a concerned and hurt expression in his eyes as he stared into the floor, his hair covering the upper part of his face. However, he still cleared his throat, "I'm so sorry. I told her I wouldn't have let anything happen to her. And now . . . I . . . I'm so very sorry."

Jacob snapped out of it and blinked hurriedly a few times, attempting to form words with his mouth, "Yeah, no – no, I should've stayed back to make sure she was alright. I panicked too. I'm really sorry."

Queenie stared at them for just a moment before huffing and slouching in a fluid motion. She turned her gaze to the ground then up towards Anna, who was staring at her intently – even if she was still shaking uncontrollably.

A few seconds later, Queenie extracted her wand and twirled it in front of Anna. Immediately her scratches and cuts began to fade and turn into little scabs and scars. The one on her forehead wasn't as easily healed as it only shrunk and remained red and swollen. The next thing was a blow of warm air that swirled and heated her body, turning her chattering to a minimum.

Queenie smiled at her work and leaned in close to her sister, "You're going to be fine."

Anna giggled, "What did I tell you?"

Queenie then got up from her spot on the floor and made her way to the two gentlemen. Going at a sort of brisk pace, she startled Jacob when she suddenly enveloped him in a warm embrace. "Thank you, for finding her."

Jacob, still surprised, slowly lifted his hands to hug her back. When she retracted she leaned forward and placed a comforting hand on Newt's shoulder, attempting to get him to look up again, "Both of you. I'm sorry I snapped. I promised my parents I'd look after my sisters. I was worried was all."

Newt snuck a rare wide smile, "Understandable."

With a twinkling grin, Queenie bounced over to the kitchen to grab the emergency kit. Waving her wand, she levitated it to fly to Anna, "Place a bandage on your forehead, hun. It'll take a few more days to heal completely." She turned towards the trio, "Does anyone want some cocoa?"