Giggled Up

If the events that occurred in Central Park made Anna think that Newt would spend more time around her, she thought wrong.

In the days that followed it seemed as if the magizoologist made it his special mission to avoid Anna at all costs. He was always chasing creatures with Jacob or helping Queenie in town or going out to get drinks with Tina. It left Anna dumbfounded.

It had seemed that Newt was genuinely heartfelt that night; that maybe he did actually want to be around Anna. But apparently that wasn't the case.

In the meantime Soren was getting particularly friendly. He was sending frequent patronus updates about patients and goings on at the hospital. He also never failed to accompany his patronus with a light pink carnation in its beak, seemingly to make it a tradition with every interaction that they had.

Anna was slowly spending more and more time home alone. Now that she was practically banned from her work, home looked to be about the only place she found comfort.

Eventually she began spending more and more time down Newt's case as well. With him out and about so often she took the liberty of watching over his found creatures. At least it seemed he trusted her enough to handle the case on her own.

She found herself becoming very accustomed to the schedule in the case – when feeding times were, how to maintain habitats, and how to communicate with each of the creatures. Frank was by far her favorite beast, usually spending most of her time in his enclosure reading. The Niffler and the Mooncalves were close seconds.

Anna was currently walking through a grassy, moonlit landscape and watching above her as a container of hovering water was supporting multiple underwater creatures.

A few stray Grindylows were making their way through the air in their buoyant bubbles. Over the hillside she saw the large blocked off habitat fit for the Horklumps, strange pink mushroom-like creatures that are capable of covering a garden in a matter of days. They're also a favorite delicacy of Gnomes, meaning that the Horklump enclosure was safely warded against the little bald beasts. Even now Anna could see the little creatures jumping around the barrier of the Horklump home.

Moving along towards the shed, Anna took the time to admire Newt's drawings and diagrams spread across the walls. She sat at his side table, noticing how the manuscript papers she had organized were still untouched. She also noticed how the scrubbed counters and spotless feeding utensils remained cold and unused in the small home. Even if Newt did use the space as a home, he didn't make it appear so.

Anna huffed and gave a quick glance around the shed. She had done everything she needed to for the time being. She continued her search of Newt's little leather bound journal, just out of curiosity of course.

And she had read his manuscript completely through, yet again, a work of genius as she remembered it.

There really wasn't much else for her to do. She now finally could see why Tina was always so fed up about her job. Without it there's quite literally nothing to do.

The little Bowtruckle Pickett popped up from his hiding place in Anna's dress pocket. He trailed up the seams to her shoulder where he shook his little leaves and flexed his roots.

"Good afternoon, Pickett," Anna smiled. "You've had quite the day haven't you?"

The small creature squeaked up at her and curled its long fingers.

"Oh, yes, me too." She slouched further into the chair she resided in, "Wish I could do more."

"Anna?"

Snapping her gaze to the ladder, she made a face, "Tina?"

"Thought I heard you down here," said the dark-haired sister, coming down the steps. "I wanted to ask you something."