35 |

🖤 VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE 🖤

"Embry was just like Theia. Too innocent; too trusting. They didn't see the real threat that Artemis poses. No one could... except me." Her voice trailed off as she met my eyes. The sadness in Destiny's face quickly turning hard. She grabbed my shoulders and shook me violently from where I stood. "No matter the risks, you have to keep going Adira.
The world needs it —we need it. Artemis is only going to get more aggressive,"

I didn't respond, because I already knew what I had to do, and it was too late to stop now anyway. Destiny looked at me with a small expression of pity, and it made me wonder what was next to come.

~

On the drive home I thought about what I was going to do with the red book, about Embry. I had to be careful otherwise he could try to kill me again; this time he would probably succeed. I attempted to shove the information Destiny had given me to the back of my head, failing over and over again. She told me she wasn't going to interfere again so her showing up was a big deal. This information could make or break this entire situation I'm stuck in.

I decided to go back to the packhouse because honestly I really needed some company, and I just had a hunch that Klayton would be there anyway. I walked into the house to find Issac bouncing off the walls —he seemed to be doing a fashion show for Lenna, who was just as giggly and as happy as ever. They both were clueless of the more recent turmoil I've been through.

If only they knew; it has just been getting worse for me.

The thought made me wonder how much they really did know? How much did Klayton tell his other pack members?

I am shaken out of my daze when Issac asked me a question. He was dressed in a grey suit, however, the jacket was discarded on the floor and his red suspenders stuck out against the white dress shirt.

"W-What?" I stuttered out.

"I said, what do you think? For the Alpha Assembly?" He leapt over the couch before pausing in front of me. He popped out his hip and struck a pose.

"The Alpha —what?" A small part of me definitely was still back in the cemetery with Destiny, trying to take in this world.

"Oh," Lenna breathed out as she was still on the couch, looking at Issac as if he was a snack. "Did Klayton not tell you?"

I just shook my head confusedly at my two friends.

Alpha Assembly? Why hasn't this come up before?  Issac walked back to Lenna and plopped himself beside her, stretching his arms over her body smoothly.

"The Alpha Assembly is the annual meeting of packs and it's a very prestigious event. Mostly only Alphas, Lunas and Betas attend —which includes you now! Of course, you probably won't go to any of the actual meetings because you don't really know pack politics yet but there is a really fancy dinner where everyone gets super drunk and last year I —"

Lenna cuts Isaac off by gleaming and shouting, "Oh my Goddess we are gonna have to get you a dress!"

I started to shake my head —no way was I going— I didn't need to be paraded around to a bunch of werewolves who worship the person I was trying to kill.

Besides, Klayton hadn't even invited me. The thought struck a chord with me. Why hadn't he? Was he ashamed of me? A million thoughts ran through my mind and I shuttered. I hadn't even noticed that Issac had stood and was looking at me funny.

"What? Do I have something on my face?" I look at him, squinting my eyes trying to analyze why he was acting like that.

"You smell different..." Issac said, sniffing the air before his gaze landed on my neck.