I'm Coming To Save You, Izuku

She was brave and kind too. . .

But something deep in my chest. . .

Says it should've been me. . .

-=-=-=-

As they ran down the barren hallways, Izuku forced himself to focus on his teacher. It was difficult to do so when the once pristine walls of U.A. were smeared with blood. He had to be careful to not slip on any puddles as he jogged along side Tokoyami.

To think. . . The best hero school in all of Japan. . .

Has fallen.

Izuku shook his head violently, regaining focus on his teacher.

Aizawa may have only woken up barely an hour ago, but he was still as strong and fast as always. Izuku reminded himself every few seconds that Aizawa was the only teacher they had contact wi-

...

All Might.

Izuku felt his running come to a stop.

Where was All Might this whole time?

Only he and the UA staff knew that the #1 Hero wouldn't be able to last long with his current situation.

Izuku gulped at the thought of a zombified All Might, or coming across his corpse.

What if the blood soaking his shoes right now was All Might's?

"MIDORIYA!"

Why did Izuku stop running?!

A rotting hand grabbed Izuku's shoulder, pulling him backwards. He let out a shout of horror as the zombie behind him opened its mouth, revealing sharp black and brown teeth and bleeding gums.

(brush your teeth yall!)

Before the zombie could bite into Izuku's shoulder, a wispy black being rammed itself into the monster, knocking it into the air. The walking corpse landed far from the group, and didn't get up again.

Izuku looked over to Tokoyami with a shaking body, "Th-thanks T-T-Tokoyami." He whimpered, his legs trembling violently.

It wasn't everyday where your life was suddenly so close to ending.

Well, scratch that for Izuku.

But it was terrifying to think that with a single scratch or bite, he could become a mindless monster. Not living, but not totally dead either, he wouldn't be able to control himself from hurting his friends.

Tokoyami shook his head, "Do not worry yourself, but we must continue our trek with the group." He said, turning back to the other members, which were quite a distance away.

Even from afar, Izuku saw Aizawa-Sensei stiffen.

When the two students finally caught up to the group, Aizawa began to speak.

"We have to hurry now, who knows how many zombies have heard that one interaction?" He said in a hushed tone as they ran.