Chapter 38

||Adriana's POV||

When I arrived back home, I thought I was being quiet but I actually ended up waking Joaquin up from his nap.

"Sorry." I clench my teeth together, sitting the bags down in the room.

"You notice anything different about me?" I ask, eager for him to see my hair.

"Yeah I can totally see through walls." He scoffs.

Smart ass.

I made my way over to the couch, my hand plastered on my hip.

"Oh your hair.. nice." He looks up for a second, then giving his iPod his attention again.

"Joaquín." I push his shoulder immaturely, still shocked at his response.

"I'm kidding im kidding!" He laughs. "It looks great."

I stare at him. Not knowing if its a joke or not.

"No really it does, Gabe is gonna love it too!" He wiggles his eyebrows jokingly.

"Shut up! Do you really think so!?" I plop onto the couch next to him.

"Shut up! Do you really think so!?" Joaquín mocks me, flipping his imaginary hair at the end.

"Seriously." I roll my eyes.

"No really It looks good." He shakes his head as if what I was saying was nonsense.

"Alright good, because I was kinda nervous." I laugh it off. "You hungry?"

"Not right now." He shrugs.

"Good, because I ate while I was out." I tease, grabbing a water from the fridge before closing the room door behind me.

"Wowwww." I hear Joaquín say from the living room.

Shouldn't have played with my emotions.
——————————————

The rest of the week went by pretty fast.

Work was normal. Gabriel's assistant wasn't all over him anymore.

Maybe she found herself a man.

Doubt it.

After work, Gabriel told me he'd made plans to go out to dinner tonight which I had no idea about might I add.

When I arrived home to change out of my work clothes, I let Joaquín know what was going on and since he didn't want to be alone in the apartment tonight, he settled for staying over Mrs.Smith Apartment.

That way he could play with Lucas which I assume that was his best friend since it was technically is only friend.

Whew I got to get him outside to make some more friends.

Anyways,

After my shower, I decide on a black dress and some red heels to match my red lip.

My hair was still straightened from the other day so I just brushed through it and threw on some light makeup.

I put on some jewelry before grabbing my purse and Gabe's basket I made him and began heading out the door.