How to Protect your Brother While On Your Period (Barbra Gordon)

Ages

Barbra - 15

Dick - 13

Barbra had her head resting on her desk. She was in Math, and really didn't need this today. She was alright at math, she could often rival Tim with programming skills, she just hated the class.

Dick was a couple years ahead in math, this was mostly Tim's fault; he always tricked Dick into learning complex math stuff outside of school. He understood the work, he was just failing since he was ESL and the teacher was evil and misogynistic. 

He raised his hand, it took about four minutes for the teacher to call on him.

"Ah, yes, the slow one. What is it?"

Dick didn't like having the attention drawn to him. "I-I left my workbook in my locker, can I go-"

The teacher let out an earth-shaking groan, eye-roll and everything. "Fine! but only cause I know you'll go running to daddy if I don't let you."

Dick faked an awkward chuckle. He was extremely uncomfortable.

"Hey!" Barbra hissed. "Can you get my water bottle?"

"Yeah." Dick whispered discretely. "Anything else?"

"Get me a snack. Something sweet."

"Got it."

The teacher called for attention. "Mr. Grayson-you do prefer I call you mister, don't you?-are you planning to follow through or was that just another attention ploy?"

"Just going." He said, skipping out. He knew Bab's locker combo, they had to trade combos in case there was an emergency (all hail paranoid fathers). He retrieved her water bottle and fished some change out oh his pocket and chose something from the vending machine. Babs wanted something sweet, but there was nothing really sweet in the vending machine. of all the 'healthy' options, the two sweetest options were a fiber1 bar and Welches. He chose the fruit snacks, stashing them in his pocket.

Dick knew something was wrong when he heard yelling. That wouldn't be so odd if it was the teacher yelling, but it was also Barbra yelling.

"You can NOT leave the room without a reason!"

"I have a reason; I'm going to the bathroom."

"Lunch is in forty minutes-"

Barbra's face was as bright red as her hair. "I'm about to bleed-"

Dick slinked in and tossed the hall pass onto the hanger, he didn't want to be seen and make a scene. It didn't work out.

"Well look who showed up! I ought to take you right downstairs to the counselors for skipping?"

"Skipping?" He asked nervously. 

"You were gone for almost eight minutes! when I know  that all grade eights have their lockers on the fourth floor!" he looked smug. "and you didn't say you'd be grabbing a water bottle. That doesn't even look like I'ts yours."

Dick didn't know what to say, he didn't want to throw Barbra back under the bus, But, Barbra is a strong willed big sister and threw herself under the bus for him.

"Hey! It's not his fault. I asked him to bring me water."

"and you can't do this for your self? and I thought He was the entitled one."

"I didn't get it myself because YOU WON'T LET ME LEAVE!" Dick was taken aback be her pure power.

"Why do you want to leave so badly?" 

"Cause I'm about to bleed everywhere!"

The other students were watching this like a tennis match. a few boys giggled, but the girls (and a few cool boys) stared them down.

"My wife says you only have to change those every seven hours!" The teacher had a 'check mate' kind of look on his face.

Barbra was reeling as to how dumb that is.

"Don't tell girls how their bodies work." Dick exclaimed.

"Oh, and you know better, brat?"

"Yeah he does!"Babs yelled, a handful female students nodding encouragingly. "Unlike you, he thinks women are people and isn't stuck in 1775!"

Barbra was sitting next to Dick outside the principles office.

"I'm sorry I can't fight him."

"Me too." She agreed. "also, stop apologizing, you shouldn't be sorry cause some asshole you hate is still being an asshole."

"Yeah-oh by the way, I was wondering, does being on your period make you grumpy? I just wanna know..... but It's okay if you don't wanna..."

"Nope! It doesn't make me irritable, it just makes my less tolerant of people's bullshit."

"Makes sense... oh, hey! here you go!" He reached into his pocket and pulled out the fruit snacks he'd forgotten.

"Oh my god! Richard Grayson, are a queen." She snatched the snack from him. as she did, she noticed an irritated, red patch on his arm. it looked like one of those 'indian burns' kids would give you in forth grade. "Dick! What happened?" She grabbed his arm, fussing over him and shoving Welches in her mouth. 

"Mr. Meyers was holding me too tight." He tried to take his arm back, ashamed that he'd been hurt while a Teacher  had literally dragged him downstairs while gripping his wrist.

"This is Fucking illegal!" She practically yelled, earning shushes from the office ladies. they called our dads, we need to show them! Dad can help us file an incident report, and and Bruce has, like, an Army of Lawyers..."

"Nonononono!" Dick successfully jerked his arm back. "I can't!"

"Why, Dick?" Barbra asked, impatiently. 

"well- you know..." Barbra assured him that she didn't. "Well, everyone in class already thinks I'm a spoiled brat with a rich dad, and If I SUE the TEACHER for a minor injury..."

"Newsflash, Richard, No one gives a shit! besides, even if it was a minor injury, and even if it was an accident, do you really want to give this bitch the benefit of the doubt?"

And she said as much to the principle when Bruce arrived.

"Bruce, it's nothing, I was trying to pull back and it just... HAPPENED?" Dick begged, criminally downplaying his injury.

"He's not supposed to touch you at all!"

The faculty had known, as soon as Bruce Wayne's son showed up in the office, holding back tears, that there was a lawsuit coming.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10:30 pm

Batgirl flopped onto her back on the concrete roof. This patrol was the cherry on top of such a perfect day.

When Bruce had first heard that his youngest and his (Basically) daughter had been pulled to the office for fighting with a teacher he'd been this close to grounding both of them from patrol. Barbra should feel lucky she could come out, but she really wasn't feeling it.

"Hey! BG!" a young voice called. 

She grumbled, She's so done. "What. Robin?" 

"I got you something!" 

She cracked an eye open and saw Robin, half a foot away from her.

"What?"

He held out a carrier bag. She emptied it; pretzels, milk chocolate, sour gummy worms, portable mini pack of tampons and Ibuprofen. She got the Idea he didn't know what the hell she needed, but was trying his best.

Barbra had never appreciated her little (basically) brother more than she did then.