• Old Friend •

Chapter fifteen: Old Friend

I remained quiet as I guide the Royal Queen Dowager out of her palace

I remained quiet as I guide the Royal Queen Dowager out of her palace. She became weak, she couldn't even stand on her own unlike before.

Now it's making me wonder what kind of food the palace has been serving her, or what kind of medicines were mixed in those.

Sighing, I let go of the Royal Queen Dowager as she starts walking with her attendants carefully guiding her.

Watching her in that state breaks my heart. Knowing that this woman was the same mighty and powerful Queen before.

I turn to my sanggung, "Court Lady Suk," I called for her, and the woman was fast to be by my side. "Order one of our court ladies to investigate what kind of food were delivered into the Royal Queen Dowager's palace, and the kind of medicine they were serving her." I ordered, voice firm and sure.

Court Lady Suk bowed, "Can I please know the reason why, Your Majesty?" She asked.

I sighed, "Her Royal Highness is unusually weak, something that shouldn't be happening if she was getting nutritious food."
"She told me she wasn't taking in the medicines, but still, perhaps a food can give her enough strength to move on her own. But seeing this..I dont think they were giving the proper food for the Queen."

"Do you think there was someone behind all of these, Your Majesty?" Court Lady Suk's voice wavers.

I nod.

"Someone is threatening the Royal Queen Dowager's life." And I will make sure to punish that person.
"Order Ji Seok specifically. She will know what to do."

The young Prince look taken a back when they meet gazes. His doe eyes wavering as he eyes her. And Hyun Ae looks equally as confused.

She thought it was the Crown Prince that called for her on Eunwolgak palace...
But then, what is the second Prince doing in there?

"You...You're not Hwa Young?" The Prince muttered, a sudden realization dawning on his soft features.

"And you're not the Crown Prince?" Hyun Ae said, a frown in her face.

The Prince sighed, pacing back and forth, he is obviously having some mental crisis. And as for Hyun Ae, she inhaled a deep breath, contemplating on wether she should leave or stay.

But she couldn't help but stared at the young Prince. Something in that Prince garner Hyun Ae's attention.
He is good looking, just like all the men of the royal family, but what sets him apart from the King and Prince Jeonghyun's feature, was Prince Jungkook's was soft, the kind of face that can make you feel comfortable with just one glance. While the other two were firm and sharp, the type of beauty that demands attention and authority.