Seven: The Truth

My gaze locked with his. He knew that I knew what he was.

"Go back inside and sleep. It's not safe out here at night," he spoke. His voice was soft and gentile, just like his father's when he was speaking to me.

"I can hold my own," I said and jerked my body to my left, attempting to catch him off guard. My hope was for my sudden movement to make him let go of me so I could make a run for it. However, it didn't go as planned. Alpha Bloodmoon's son kept a strong grip on my shoulders, keeping me in my place.

"Norah," he said sternly, making me look back up at his bright blue orbs that glistened in the moonlight. "Please." Something about him made me want to obey. It wasn't the edge that he seemed to have to him, or the fact that he was Alpha Bloodmoon's son. It was a wierd feeling; one I couldn't necessarily explain in the very moment. He didn't scare me; rather, he made me feel less scared.

I ended up sighing, knowing it was not of any use to me to keep trying to run. "Fine," I said. "You win. I'll go inside."

A smile crept onto his face after hearing my words. "Thank you." He proceeded by dropping his hands from my shoulders, letting me free.

I didn't spare anyone a glance as I turned around and headed for the door of the pack house. I walked back up the steps and past Alpha Astraea. Without looking at him, I could feel the irritation that was most definately radiating off of him. I could only assume his irritation was from my escape attempt.

I felt highly uncomfortable as I felt multiple pairs of eyes on my back as I entered the house. I managed to shrug it off, my mind occupied by my most recent discovery.

How was it possible that Alpha Bloodmoon's son was just like me? We were highly rare. It's quite impossible that you just stumble upon someone like that. My father had told me that people would kill to have abilities like this. That's the main reason as to why I keep it a secret.

I trotted my way up the steps and made it to my room. I closed the door behind me and trusted the moonlight that came in through the window to guide me to the bed. I successfully made it to the bed without tripping and I let myself fall onto it, letting out a grunt upon contact with the sheets.

I searched for the sleepiness I needed to be able to fall asleep, but instead, I was met with a wave of emotions that washed over me. Everything from my small pack, to my father, to being brought here, to my fights with Evan, to the events that had just happened came flooding back to me. I let the tears and sobs that were threatening to escape my body do so. I let out all the feelings and pain that was overwhelming me.

Soon enough, my sobs turned to hiccups. I managed to pull myself under the sheets, the only thing on my mind now was sleep. I let my hiccups die down into mere sniffles before I was finally able to fall asleep.

*

The sunlight that was coming through the window lit up my face, causing me to awake from my slumber. I sat up straight in the bed and rubbed my eyes with my fist. I tried my best to keep the event from last night out of my mind as I got up and out of the bed, stretching my tired limbs.

A knock sounded throughout the room. "Come in," I called out, approving that whomever it was behind the door could come in. The door opened slightly and Katherine poked her head in.

"Good morning, Norah," she greeted me with a smile on her face, telling me that she was clearly a morning person.

"Morning," I muttered, still feeling a but sluggish from the lack of sleep that I received.

"Caden needs you in his office," she informed me, causing me to furrow my eyebrows. I glanced at the digital clock that sat on the night stand.

"This early? It's seven in the morning." Katherine only shrugged. "What for?"