Part 4

The door bell rings and OP goes to open the door.The Guptas are warmly welcomed by all. Payal touches Nani and Mamis feet and as usual nani says "kush rahiya" and mami"hello hai " and no bye bye this time. All are complimenting Payal about her dress and how beautiful she is looking. Akash is not able to take his eyes off her and Anjali teases him.Khushi is the last one to enter the room. She is carrying a tray of lighted candles. She tells Anjali that she will win the competition before these candles burn out.Arnav is watching Khushi. He is struck by her beauty.She is looking breathtakingly beautiful and innocent.The candle lights reflecting the colour of her lenga and making her look all the more beautiful.The mang teeka on her forehead swayed with her every move. Arnav could not move and just stood there staring at her. He forgot about everything and the only thing that he could think of was his gorgeous Khushi.

A gust of wind blows and Khushi looks up to see Arnav staring at her. She knew that from the moment she had entered the room he had been looking at her, but she was too shy to lookup at him.She was not sure now what to expect in those eyes, those eyes which had made her stay awake n number of nights. Their eyes interlocked and both could not look away from each other, it seemed as if only the two of them existed. The world had stopped and they could have stood like this for ever. Arnav decides that he cannot take that smile away from her lips. Its this smile which keeps haunting him day n night. He decides to let her win.

Then Anjali's voice bought them back to the present.

Anjali:'naniji Payal and Khushi ji ki mehndi kitni achi lag rahi ha"

Nani:"yes its looking very nice"

All are looking at Payal and Khushi hand. NK comes in and says that he also wants to see Khushiji mehndi. He holds Khushi's hand and starts admiring the design. Arnav is standing on the stairs and his temper starts rising. How dare NK touch his Khushis hand,how can he hold her hands like this and Khushi let him touch her. He had a sleepless night yesterday because of Khushi's mehndi and today this NK so easily is looking at her mehndi. He wanted to see the A in her hands more then anything else now, but he being Arnav could not come down and ask Khushi to show him her hands. His anger starts rising at Khushi also.

Nani:"Khushi bitiya aap ki to mehndi bahoot rang laai ha.Khata ha ki jis ka pati ussa bahoot payaar karta ha usi ka haato mei itna rang laati ha"(the mehndi has come out very dark in your hands.It is said that the dark colour personifies your husbands love,he will love u more"

Khushi instantly looks at Arnav, but is surprised to see anger in those eyes.She is not able to understand what has happened. So the Lad Governor is back in his shoes, she thinks.

Naniji:"Khushi bitiya aapki mehndi ki mahek(smell) aapka jevan mei khusiyan bhar de"

NK:"nani what smell"

Naniji:"mehndi ki smell aur kiski. Mehndi ki smell to hama hamasha sa hi pasand ha"

Anjali:"hama bhi"

NK:"really, hum bhi to smell karka deekha" saying this he lifts Khushi both hands and is about to smell them.

Arnav could not take it any more.What the?He shouts from the stairs"Di".Everyone looks at him "the guests have started arriving, r we going to stand here and smell only or r we going out to greet others" .

Khushi removes her hands from NKs. Everyone goes to the hall where the function is to take place.Khushi is taken aback by his words.She knows they were for her, but why.What has she done now.He comes down the stairs and comes and stands in front of her.