Chapter Ninety-Eight: Visions of Pain

-"You cannot protect yourself from sadness without protecting yourself from happiness

Jonathan Safran Foer

I'm instantly struck by the instant screaming I hear

I'm instantly struck by the instant screaming I hear. My eyes snap open and I feel my mouth run dry at the sight I was seeing.

"Oh my gosh." I gape in horror.

"Hush." Tom's voice erupts beside me, almost giving me a damn heart attack.

I shriek slightly, jumping away from him, and eyeing his form angrily. I smack his shoulder. "You scared me!!" I snap at him, only for him to turn his annoyed eyes on me, moving to grip my wrist.

He tugs me to his side, my body flush against his.

"Look." He mutters and I ignore the way my whole body heated up to turn to stare at the vision we were seeing.

Ariana was strapped into a chair, looking dreadfully tired. Her cheeks were sticky and wet from her tears and she was screeching in pain.

My heart jolts and I unconsciously move closer to her, untangling myself from Tom's hold on me.

Her blonde hair was sick and cut short, blood dripped in every which direction. Her hands were scarred like someone who'd spent years cutting themselves.... only she wasn't cutting herself.

Grindelwald walks up, a glass filled to the brim with a gold liquid in his hands.

My mouth hangs open in shock as I watch him drown the contents of the glass. My stomach lurches and I find myself needing to sit on the floor, eyes trained on Ariana's convulsing form.

She was screaming in pain as witches extracted blood from every part of her body.

"LET ME GO!!! HELP ME!!" She shrieks, her mismatched eyes meeting mine for barely a second and I find tears whelming in my own eyes.

Ariana indeed was the one the prophecy was referring to.

Her blood shone with strong a golden tint, it didn't look like blood at all. Tom strolls beside me, moving to sit on the floor beside me.