🔘 Chapter 21: The Alchemy Contest (2)

※Illustration of the heroine ^ : art by @ wada_naka on twitter.

___

The day of the competition arrived, the classes were suspended so the students can watch and support the Crown Prince wholeheartedly.

The competition was held in one of the Academy's arena. The bleachers are filled with cheering students, all eyes are fixed on the platform in front of them that's currently filled with lab tables and is surrounded by a magical protection field in case an accident occurs.

Anastasius sat comfortably on a V.I.P seat where he can see the platform clearly. Charles made sure to give Anastasius the best seat in the premise of making the younger watch as how he magnificently takes the trophy when he wins this competition. And also to be able to spot him immediately and see his reaction with his experiment.

Some of the ladies who fawn over the Crown Prince couldn't help but just glare at Anastasius for the honor that he received, while most of them just stared at him with envy and fondness as he sat on the fluffy chair with sparkling eyes while munching on some sweet snacks.

Just remembering what happened earlier just leaves them breathless.

It was 8 in the morning, Anastasius was just getting ready to watch the competition when the prince himself showed up to his room and escorted him to his private carriage. When they reached the V.I.P seat, the crown prince even kissed Anastasius' hand and said "Watch me win this competition, my future fiancé." with a sexy smirk.

That was the first time everyone saw the Crown Prince wear that smug expression and it just made them weak at the knees. Adding that last phrase 'my future fiancé' just made everyone go crazy.

"Did His highness just called that- that adorable little guy his fiancé?!"

"I don't know! He must be joking..."

"Right? It isn't really illegal for a Crown Prince to take a male Queen but it haven't been done for centuries! The elders are now more inclined on having a granchild...I wonder how the King would react to this..."

While everyone's attention is on Anastasius, forming their own different theories and opinions about his matter with the Crown Prince, the subject himself doesn't even notice it because he's also in deep thoughts.

"I know something is going to happen here... What is it again?" He pondered.

After a little while, the whole arena was filled with the loud sound of the trumpets. The host introduced the competition and the instructions of it, she also announced the rules that will be set during the competition.

After stating the rules and regulation, the host introduced the competitors. Everyone on the platform looks smart and boring, they all wore the same clothes and the same stoic expression. Because of that, the students started to notice the two oddballs of the competition that stood opposite to each other, the Crown Prince (which is already given) and a mysterious charming girl.

"This is the first time I've seen her... Do you know her?"

"I heard she's a transferee like Mr. Clarimiéres but she went unnoticed because of the commotion Mr. Clarimiéres brought when he first made his appearance."

"Well, having the Crown Prince of this country as your escort is indeed worthy to be a cause of commotion so..."

Anastasius knitted his eyebrows. "Charming, big eyes, pale skin, short silvery hair like mine... Is she.." Anastasius couldn't believe what he was seeing. "She's really the heroine! Oh my god, this is the day where she'll captivate Charlie's heart! If the prince falls in love with her, he might think I'm a nuisance and he might even kill me!" Anastasius bit his lip in anxiousness, a part of him knew that he was probably just thinking too much of it (since he's friends with Charles now) but the vivid memory of that torture scene in the book had already put a shadow in his mind, a visceral fear.