↘︎ chapter seventy-five

75 | Marley stunned a Death Eater

"The Ministry has fallen. Scrimgeour is dead. They are coming."

Everything seemed fuzzy, slow. Marley Macmillan, Fred and George jumped to their feet and drew their wands. Many people were only just realising that something strange had happened; heads were still turning toward the silver cat as it vanished. Silence spread outward in cold ripples from the place where the Patronus had landed. Then somebody screamed.

The Trio threw themselves into the panicking crowd. Guests were sprinting in all directions; many were Disapparating; the protective enchantments around the Burrow had broken.

Marley looked around. There was an uproar all around her. People were running and pushing, tables were flipping, glasses and plates of food and drinks were falling, and glass and porcelain were being crushed. The lights began to blink, sparks glowed around the tent, and people's screams did not stop.

Brielle and Noelle ran to her with raised wands and holding the skirts of their dresses. They were pale as canvas.

"Go and hide somewhere!" Brielle shouted. "The Death Eaters are coming."

"No, I'm not leaving you," said Marley. "Ever. Do you understand? I've fought with Death Eaters before."

"When?" frowned Noelle. "When Dumbledeore died?"

Marley just nodded with her head. Much of the guests had already Disapparated from the tent. Marley glanced at Lupin, Angelina and Lee, Noen at the other end of the tent. There was no sign of Harry, Ron, and Hermione.

"Let the Order take care," said Noelle, "We want you to be hidden somewhere safe when the Death Eaters come."

"We're part of the Order too--" exclaimed Marley, Fred and George in the same time. The commotion was interrupted. About twelve Death Eaters were roaming the center of the tent. Marley hated those nasty black robes and hooded people.

Then they attacked. Remus and Tonks were the first to use Shield Charms. One of the lamps started to fall and Noelle pushed Marley. The two fell to the ground straight with broken glass and porcelain. Marley's hands hurt and dark blood rushed out.

"Stupefy!" yelled Marley to one Death Eater. Fred helped Noelle and Marley to get up from the ground. There was a mass hysteria in the tent. The Death Eaters continued to rage around, causing chaos and panic. Spells and lights from wands were heard everywhere, everything was destroyed. However, Marley and the others were losing, although outnumbered by the Death Eaters.

One of the Death Eaters had caught Arthur Weasley with his hands arched behind his back. One guarded the twins and the other two Marley, Brielle and Noelle. Everyone was surrounded and all stood in the middle of the destroyed tent.

"Yaxley, this is Potter's sister!" said one of the Death Eaters, pointing at Marley. Yaxley in question was a man on middle age, his hair had white strands and there were bruises on his face. He approached Marley, but she lifted her chin up confidently.

"Does your little filthy brother has been here, Potter?" he asked coldly.

"No." Marley said. "And even if he was, I wouldn't tell you."

Yaxley just shook his head and turned to look at the Death Eater, who had captured Mr. Weasley. "Travers, lead them to that wreck. We'll search it to the basics."

Travers nodded and rudely pushed Arthur Weasley in front of him, and Yaxley grabbed Marley's hands and placed them behind her. Marley walked forward with confident step and impenetrable cold expression, ignoring the pain in her trilbies and every desire to get away from Yaxley.