Part 21: The Search

Arlo: The backstory... well you know that John and I fought, where I ambushed him with Ventus and Meili? 

Seraphina nodded. 

Arlo: I knew that he couldn't be a cripple. He sure didn't act like one. And I was right. John had secretly been a high tier. But I didn't think he'd be stronger than me. 

He's stronger than anyone I've met. Even Rei.

Arlo: Anyway, I was basically his lapdog afterward. He told me to protect you all the time. At the time, it was annoying, but I've gotten used to it. 

Seraphina: Do you know anything about his past? He doesn't seem to want to reveal his ability. Had he ever revealed it?

Arlo: As a matter of fact, I do. At his last school, he beat up half his class singlehanded. He didn't even bother to explain during the verdict!

Seraphina: Last school? He was homeschooled!

Arlo shook his head.

Arlo: Just to cover up his past. Before he was a monster, but something changed him. I don't know what that is. And his ability level had suddenly boomed up. I can't explain that either. 

Seraphina nodded, and put her hand on Arlo's. Arlo flinched, but Seraphina looked at him with such a determined look that he didn't move away. 

Seraphina: Help me understand him. It's the only way to get him back. 

Arlo: I'm not sure if we can get him back. But... I suppose it wouldn't be horrible to get him back. 

Seraphina pulled out her laptop from a bag that seemingly just appeared. Arlo blinked. Seraphina pulled out another one and put in front of Arlo. 

Arlo: Seraphina?

Seraphina: We're gonna research right now. You can keep that computer ok?

Arlo, who already had a laptop didn't need another one. But if Seraphina wanted him to research, he supposed he would. 

They hacked into his information with the help of Isen. They looked through it...

Arlo: An entire year is missing!... when someone goes beserk, what would they do?

Seraphina: Oh! My mother told me of classes that were there for bad children. I don't know what happens in them, but that's probably where the change happened. 

Arlo: Don't just go ask him. He's gonna be private about it if he wanted to hide it so badly. Be discreet, and find out information. 

*************

Claire stretched in her lab. She had gone nowhere since the last invention, which was ability dampening. She had mastered it so that it was permanent. But making the antidote was a pain. She couldn't seem to find the right formula. Either the ability would be horribly weak, or it would be amped up by nearly twice!  

Her phone ringed, and she looked to see Adrion calling her. 

Claire: Hey!

Adrion: Hi. You're coming to XXX park tonight right? 

Claire: Yep! I hope to see you there! 

Claire smiled. Adrion was always so nice, and they'd been friends for so long. Since New Bostin...  Claire's smile faded as she thought of John. She didn't know how he was now. Did he learn his lesson? Or was he the same? 

* ALERT *

Her computer beeped. She dashed over to find an alert that said... her files had been hacked? Why would anyone want her files?