➵ | one, the letter !

CHAPTER ONE.

the letter.

HARRY AND THANA POTTER DIDN'T HAVE THE CHILDHOOD LIKE OTHER KIDS DID.

the siblings didn't have a big and beautiful room like other kids, decorated like they wanted. instead they slept in the cupboard under the stairs. their parents had died and the two potter kids had been dropped off at their aunt and uncles house, where they were raised with their nephew. their nephew had everything, loving parents and whatever he could wish for. "give me a cake!" he would yell and there it was, a big cake waiting to be eaten by the boy. it was almost like his parents were wizards, if their beloved son wanted anything they would get it before the boy could ask again. but if there was anything the two perfectly normal people hated more than harry and thana it was magic.

everything that seemed even a bit unsual was forbidden. harry's wild hair that would regrow before petunia could yell, "cut your hair! now!" and thana's accident when she was 8, she broke all the plates when she slammed her hand on the table, were things they tried very hard to ignore and desperately tried to make sure no one else saw. if someone did mention something about the twins being slightly more odd than their peers their aunt and uncle would shrug and tell them they weren't their children. dear god no, their lovely little child was nothing like those two! their dudley was perfectly normal, nothing out of the ordinary on their side of the family. no these two belonged to petunia's sister, who tragically died, they'd say sadly. none of the neighbours ever actually noticed their ingenuity.

•••

"get up!" the woman said while knocking on their door, "get up cousins, we're going to the zoo!" their cousin, dudley, yelled while jumping on the stairs, causing the two brown-haired children to be covered in dust. the two slowly got up and left their 'room'. their room being a cupboard. although it wasn't much they'd rather be in there than anywhere else in the house on that day. because that day was even worse than the other 364 days of the year. sure, christmas was a nightmare as well but nothing would stop dudley on his birthday. the whole universe would celebrate it, if it was up to him.

"there he is! our birthday boy!" dudley smiled widely and hugged his father, both ignoring thana and harry. dudley's birthday was celebrated like a holiday; so many gifts, special dinner and, if it was even possible, his parents spoiled and praised him even more than usual. he'd go on special trips, without the twins of course, and come back with at least 10 more gifts. the twins were used to not being invited along. it would be weird; they didn't look like the dursleys at all.

thana and harry looked alike, their eyes, hair and height were completely the same. but if you knew them, or even saw them communicating with basically anyone you'd realize they were two completely different people. thana had always been more outspoken, she was the fighter and always protected harry when the older kids, or dudley, would come at him. her brother was the quiet one, he always did as he was told and tried his best not to be noticed by anyone. although they were social opposites, the two were inseparable. maybe it was because they didn't have anyone but each other or maybe it was the kind of bond only twins can have, but where harry went, thana followed and the other way around.