fifteen

— 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗜𝗙𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡
( 𝘛𝘏𝘌 𝘗𝘓𝘈𝘕. )

MICHONNE LED THE THREE of them back to the church in the pitch black night

MICHONNE LED THE THREE of them back to the church in the pitch black night. They made their way up the steps, but just as they reached the large double doors, Michonne stopped them.

"Listen..." she began. "While you were gone, a lot happened."

"Is everyone okay?" Murphy asked quickly.

Michonne sighed, "Bob is gone."

Daryl and Murphy looked at each other in shock. Daryl spoke up, "What happened?"

"The Terminus people came back. Just a small group of them. They... they took Bob, chopped his leg off and ate it."

"Oh, god," Murphy muttered, raising a hand to her mouth.

Michonne nodded, looking at the ground silently. The woods were alive with the sound of crickets and wind blowing through the leaves of trees. It was ironic to have nature so alive in a world riddled with death. Noah stood at the base of the steps, not wanting to intrude on the obviously somber moment.

Michonne continued, "They brought him back, and he told us he'd been bit since before they took him. Tyreese did it, and Sasha... she's not doing well. The people from Terminus came later, but we took care of them."

"Shit," Daryl whispered, bringing his hand up to wipe his nose.

"Yeah," Michonne answered, setting her hand on the church's door handle. "But we're glad to have you back. Both of you."

Murphy sent her a sad smile as she pushed the doors opening, revealing the warm glow of the church's interior. As soon as they entered, the heads of the people inside turned to see them. Murphy quickly realized that Abraham, Rosita, and Eugene had, indeed, already left. As they walked to greet the ones who stayed, Murphy sat down on one of the pews, coming to terms with what she was to do next.

The rest of the group was mingling about at the front of the nave, and Murphy sat watching them. Noah was introducing himself to everyone, and they welcomed him. Carol gave Daryl a warm hug before he made his way over to Rick. At that point, Murphy looked down at the ground, thinking about the loss of the group she had spent so much time with. Suddenly, someone made their way over to Murphy, standing above her.

"Murphy," she heard them mutter. It was Rick. "I'm sorry, they left this afternoon."

Murphy set her bag and rifle beside her, sniffing, "Yeah. It's okay, I understand. We needed to get there as soon as possible, and this was what it took. I chose to go with Daryl."

Rick nodded, sitting down beside her, "You should stay."

Murphy turned to look at him, "Thank you, I just... I have to think about it."