Nightshifter

*3rd Person POV*

An attractive young man, Frank who was also dressed in a dark suit, comes out of the back with some papers in heris hand. (Y/n) turns to face him as he speaks. "So what's it like, being an FBI woman?" Frank asked (y/n). "Well, it's dangerous. And the secrets we've gotta keep, oh God, the secrets. But mostly it's...it's lonely." (Y/n) replied, in a dramatic voice. "I so know what you mean." Frank said and she nods, sagely. "Yeah." She said.

Elsewhere in the store: Sam and Dean, also dressed in suits, are interrogating the manager, a middle aged man. Dean looked over his shoulder to see (y/n) flirting with Frank and he clenches his jaw. "Helena was our head buyer. She...she was family, you know? She said it herself, every year at the Christmas party. She said we were the only family she had." The manager said as Dean turns back to the man.

"So there were never any signs that she'd do something like this?" Sam asked him. "No. Still can't believe it, even now. That night, Helena came back to the store after closing. Cleaned out all the display cases, and the safe. Edgar — our night watchman — he caught her in the act. He didn't know what to do, he'd known her for years. He called me at home." The Manager said. "And that's when she took his gun?" Dean asked him "She shot him in the face. I heard him die. Over the phone." The manager said.

"Any idea what her motive could have been?" Sam asked him. "What motive? It makes no sense. Why steal all those diamonds, all that jewelry, and then what? Just dump it somewhere, just hide it, and then go home and..." the manager explains as Dean looks down then back over to (y/n) and Frank.

"She killed herself?" (Y/n) asked him. "Well, the cops said. She dropped the hair dryer in the bath and fried herself. They should know, right?" Frank said, questioning, and she nods. "Yeah. Well, thanks, Frank, I think that's all I need." (Y/n) said. "Really? Because I've got more. You know..." Frank said then he looks around, slyly. "If you wanted to interview me sometime. In private?" He asked her.

(Y/n) let's her eyes roam over Frank for a moment then goes to eyes the boys, guiltily, across the room and she could see Dean glaring at her before he turns back to the Manager. "Yeah. Yeah, I think that's a good idea. You're a true patriot, you really are. Why don't you write your number down there for me, that'd be good." She said as she turns back to Frank and places a piece of paper in front of him.

"So you never saw the security camera footage yourself, then?" Sam asked. "No. The police, they took all the tapes, first thing." The manager said as (y/n) approaches them. "Yeah, of course they did." Dean mutters as (y/n) waves Frank's number at the boys.

*(y/n)'s POV*

Leaving the jewelry store, the boys and I drive down a dark street and pull up in front of a small house. "Five -- this is it." Sam said. "Friggin' cops." Dean growls. "They're just doing their job, Dean." I said to him. "No, they're doing our job, only they don't know it, so they suck at it." Dean growls as we get out of the car then he turns to Sam.

"Talk to me about this bank." Dean said to Sam as we approach the house. "Uh, Milwaukee National Trust. It was hit about a month ago." Sam replied. "Same M.O. as the jewelry store?" I asked him. "Yep, inside job, longtime employee, the never-in-a-million-years type. Dude robs the bank, then goes home and supposedly commits suicide." Sam replied.

"The guy Resnick, he was the security guard on duty?" Dean asked. "Yeah. He was actually beaten unconscious by the teller who heisted the place." Sam said and I shake my head. "God." Dean and I muttered. "Yeah." Sam said as he knocks on the screen door.

"Mr. Resnick? Ronald Resnick?" Sam calls out then a bright floodlight turns on, and we shield our eyes. "Son of a --" Dean exclaims as a youngish man comes to the door, warily.  "FBI, Mr. Resnick." I said as he looks at us. "Let me see the badge." He said and the boys and I pull out our badges and slap them against the screen door in unison. Ronald squints at them carefully.