Earth Mode ON: FOUR

[January 8, 2019, Seoul, South Korea]

Three days of aimless walking. That was all I did. There was nothing for me to eat, nothing to drink, and no one to talk to. My phone got washed away in the disaster, and so did the left pair of my shoes, leaving me with a muddy sock. Walking with an injured leg wasn't very pleasing either. In fact, it was the most difficult task I had ever done in my life. My leg wasn't the only body part that hurt me though; my back did too.

In the midst of the mud, water, trees and trash, there was one thing I saw that kept me going, something that called my name everytime I tried to close my eyes and ignore life: hope.

There was no sight of any moving organism around me, and it didn't seem like I was going to find any human being any time soon, but I held on. If there was a slight chance that I could find someone, then I should cling onto that chance, unless fate decided otherwise.

Thinking about my family wasn't of any use. I promised the moon that I would find them the moment I set foot into a ground that actually contained humans, and that was what I planned to do.

As for how I felt physically, mentally, and emotionally, I was tired, extremely tired. My stomach never stopped grumbling and I couldn't do anything about it; my throat got sore and dry from extreme dehydration and the blood that laid on my wound and stained the muddy piece of cloth around it was basically rotting and it stung everytime I tried to adjust the cloth around it so it doesn't get contaminated further. My hair became a huge mess and my skin, as far as I could see, was filled with scratches and bruises. As for my mental state, I used to try as hard as I could to not think about anything too much. Life was throwing me about here and there, and it hurt to not be able to do anything about it but walk around like a lost dog trying to figure its way back home to its owner. My emotions weren't stable but I tried stabilizing them as much as I could. I was already going through a lot and I didn't want to make everything worse by feeling the need to cry and breakdown.

Other than all that, I was fine. I was alive. I was breathing.

I did face so many difficulties though. The ground wasn't in the right condition to be slept on, so sleeping was a challenge for me. I had to climb up a tree to sleep even though my leg was severely injured. I had nothing to eat, and I wasn't planning on eating muddy grass. It was not like there was fish or any animal that I could hunt down. The water that flooded the entire country was unclean and you could basically see bugs, soil and pieces of metal in it. So surviving itself was, with no doubt, a challenge that I had accepted with so much determination.