Chapter 30

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

A heavy arm rests against my chest, warm and snug. My back is pressed firmly against a solid torso, my bare skin prickling against a smattering of chest hair. Hot, steady breath wisps against my ear, its patterned rhythm slow and content. A smooth, silky blanket dances across my naked form with every breath, shielding me from the responsibilities of the day. The loud, pulsing beep of the alarm clock pierces its discontent for its prolonged efforts, each beep increasing in volume and intensity.

A deep groan vibrates against my neck, sending goosebumps down my spine.

"Mmm, you know... I don't hate my alarm as much when I wake up with you in my arms," Logan mutters in my ear, his voice groggy but deliciously sexy.

He squeezes me, pulling my body closer to his. I can feel his morning arousal pressing urgently on my back, and a quick glance at the clock causes me to frown—there's just not enough time. Stupid work.

"Ugh, I don't want to go to work!" I whine.

A chuckle resonates in the air, deep and playful. "I know, babe. But then what would all those awesome kids do without this beautiful, smart, selfless, sweet nurse to take care of them all day long?"

Logan pauses after each adjective to press his lips against my shoulder, my ear, my neck. His fingers trace circles around my left nipple, which is aching and pulled into a tight peak. The sensations draw a strangled groan from my throat, fueled by frustration. Last night I definitely had the best, most intense, satisfying sex of my whole life and here I am—just a few hours later—desperate for more.

I sigh, "Will I ever get enough of you?

"I hope not. Because I know I'll never get enough of you."

His admission provokes me enough to twist in his arms, desperate to face him. His earthy irises sparkle with happiness, his lips pulled into a content, soft smile. I place my hand on his cheek and my thumb grazes against coarse stubble, rugged and sexy. Morning breath be damned, my lips eagerly seek his, our kiss tender and thorough.

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

"How about I make a quick breakfast while you shower?" Logan asks.

"You callin' me stinky?" I giggle.

"Yep," he kisses my forehead, "you smell like sex."

"Well so do you! You're literally one giant flesh dildo, all used up," I taunt.

Logan rolls his eyes and smirks, "Giant, huh?"

"That's really what you got from that? Men are unbelievable."

He laughs, our banter playful and sweet. Logan rolls out of bed and turns off that godforsaken alarm, and the view of him standing beside the bed in all of his naked glory stokes a fire deep in my gut.

I can't believe he's all mine.

I follow his path out of bed, motivation to move stirred by the now-stretching man before me. Feeling daring, I place a quick kiss to his lips before whispering, "What if I want to feel your come inside me all day long?"

Logan closes his eyes and sucks in a deep breath, taunted by my salacious words. His large hand finds my ass, squeezing it firmly, his gruff voice groaning, "Don't start something you can't finish, Lauren."

I sigh, knowing he's right. I rest my head lazily on his chest, smiling when his arms pull around me, encasing me in his hold. He rests his chin on my head, and each inhale fills me with his masculine, earthy scent. The moment feels so intimate and sweet, and I hesitate before pulling away. I really do need to get ready.