Chp 25:

Tessa:

Naomi stares at me for a second more before leaning backwards in her seat and cupping her hands together, "Do you think that you might be I don't know...reading into this a bit too much?", "No." I snap.

"Tess, look at me. You both have been swamped with work-hell you both have taken on huge new positions and I'm sure that the two of you are just overwhelmed."

"No, you don't understand-when he said that, I just got this feeling."

"Let's discuss this after the interview, okay?" As we look at the time on the clock. I nod.

"Nick is a good guy. A really good guy, and he loves you. I cannot see him being untruthful with the woman he loves." Her words provide me a sense of comfort.

We stand and exit my office, shutting it behind me we walk towards the conference room; inside sits a sleek brown wooden table and black chairs lining either side of it, a black flat screen TV on the wall.

I set down the cream colored folder on the desk which contains questions I have for Stella. "Tessa, Miss Meyers is here for the interview." Says Shia my assistant, that was so weird to say-I had never expected to have my own assistant, let alone my own position as head of a department.

"Oh, she's early. Okay, send her in please."

Naomi takes a seat and sips on her coffee-in walks a beautiful blonde haired green eyed girl.

She had slightly high cheek bones and hair that went just a little past her shoulders, she wore an all pearl white cropped halter top with a matching pearl white pencil skirt and white high heels.

"Well she's pretty." Naomi says in a hushed tone. As she enters the conference room, extending her hand she introduces herself. "Miss Erickson. I'm Stella Meyers." I smile

"It's a pleasure to meet you." I motion for her to have a seat; she sits across from Naomi who introduces herself as well.

"So tell us a little bit about yourself." , "Okay, well I just turned twenty-three two weeks ago." , "That's right I read that in here, happy belated birthday." She gives me a warm white toothed smile. "Thank you."

"I went to Harrison High School and graduated from there with honors. I also just recently graduated from the University of Miami in Florida.", "My family is originally from here in New York, I have two siblings, an older brother and a sister who is just three years younger than me." I nod. "And I have a bachelor's degree in marketing."

I continue to write her information down, "I have to say and I think I can speak for the both of us-you really impress me." Says Naomi, Stella grins widely. "Really?" I nod.

"Yes, you have a very impressive track record. "Your name, it's so pretty-is it short for something?" Naomi asks out of the blue. She smiles. "Thank you, yes-it's short for Estelle."

What is it that has interested you in this position?", "I have always enjoyed going to events, my parents belong to a country club-I was very familiar with auctions and banquets and parties." 

"Then with age-I began to develop an interest in how events such as the ones I had attended were put together." , "How did you come to find out about this job?" , "I have a friend who's heard about the opening here and she mentioned it to me."

A knock at the door interrupts my unasked question; we all turn to stare at Shia who is standing in the doorway awkwardly, "Yes?", "Ma'am. Uh, Mr. Piercy is here."

I turn to look at Naomi who shrugs-looking just as lost as I felt. I see a shadow appear from behind Shia, he moves out of the way and in walks Nick.