Part 5

After the intense encounter with Amon, both Korra and I made the decision to step away from Tarrlok's Taskforce and redirect our focus towards Pro-Bending. We found ourselves in the gym, engaging in rigorous training alongside Bolin. Our attacks clashed in the air, resulting in a collective tumble to the floor. Amidst the laughter that followed, we took off our helmets, embracing the familiar environment.

Y/N: It's refreshing to be back here.

At that moment, Mako entered the gym.

Mako: Welcome back, you two. Good to see you, Korra.

Varron: Hey, glad you guys decided to focus on Pro-Bending.

Korra: It's great to be back indeed. Although leaving Tarrlok's Taskforce didn't sit well with him.

Y/N: No doubt about that.

Varron: Yeah, he seemed a bit annoyed about it.

Bolin: Hey, you know you guys joined the Fire Ferrets way before his Taskforce, right?

Y/N: Right. Alright, team huddle!

Korra, Bolin, and I gathered in a huddle.

Y/N: Tonight marks our first match in the tournament. We might be a new team, but there's no denying that the Fire Ferrets have never been this strong. Are we all prepared?

Korra & Bolin: Absolutely.

???: Not completely.

We turned to find Asami standing there.

She unveiled our new Fire Ferret uniform design.

Asami: You'll need these for tonight.

Mako: Hey, Asami.

Asami: Good morning, sweetheart.

I approached the uniforms, admiring the design.

Y/N: These look incredible.

Varron: Yeah, they really do.

Mako: They're fantastic.

Asami: And you all will look fantastic wearing them.

A tender moment passed between Mako and Asami, evident in their quick affectionate kiss. I couldn't help but notice Korra's discontent, unmistakably harboring feelings for Mako. Similarly, I noticed Varron's attention gravitating towards Asami. With each passing interaction, the dynamics among us grew more intricate and compelling.

Varron: Don't underestimate me. I'm not some weak fool. After putting in hard work, you're only good for a brief moment before you're back to square one.

Korra: Every time you train, it seems like you're pushing yourself too far and ending up injured.

Varron: Well, obviously. That's how we build strength. We have to push ourselves beyond limits, prove our worthiness. That's how we come out on top.

Korra: I don't think that's the right way to become stronger.

Varron: Well, it is for me. No one can change my mind about it. Not a chance.

Y/N: Alright, maybe we should shift our focus for now. It's time for a team huddle.

Varron: Sure thing. Now, let's all give it our best out there. We're going to dominate the competition.

Mako: Alright, I'll catch up with you all before the match tomorrow. Asami and I have a date to attend to.

Varron: I've got some food waiting for me. Man, training really worked up my appetite.