Queen [0021]

Little Charlotte Forbes had always wondered what kind of man her father was

Little Charlotte Forbes had always wondered what kind of man her father was. Of course, her mother would always tell her a story about him but whenever she did, Charlotte would notice the sadness and pain in her mother's blue eyes. She always wondered why her mother would have those sad eyes yet had a smile on her face. Charlotte would often ask her uncles and aunts, but they would always have the same expression and say the same thing; 'you're too young to understand'. She hated that, she might have been a little girl but surely she would understand.

So she had let her imagination take control. Charlotte Forbes would often picture her father swinging her around by her arms until she got dizzy. He would gush over her artwork and put it up on the fridge, looking at her proudly. He would be there in every ballet recital; front row, regardless of who's view he blocked. From her mother's stories, Charlotte knew that her father Niklaus Mikaelson was a great man. A powerful man, someone who would never lose a fight. She thought he was a hero, someone trustworthy and loyal... oh, how wrong she was.

It wasn't until she was thirteen years old when she learned the harsh truth about her father and what he truly was; a liar and a bastard. She had found out what he was; he wasn't a brave hero but the opposite, he was the villain. He wasn't someone trustworthy for he had broken his promise to her mother. He wasn't loyal for him to cheat and impregnate another woman who wasn't Claire; his supposed fiancee and the love of his life. He wasn't someone who she, Charlotte Alexandra Forbes, would want as a father or as someone close to her.

After finding out the truth about who was Niklaus Mikaelson, she and her twin Theo did not want anything to do with him or his family; especially the whore Hayley Marshal. Charlotte wouldn't care if he came back and begged for their forgiveness. She wouldn't care if he told them his useless excuses for not coming back sooner. Nor would she care if he begged to be family, to get to know them. She wouldn't care if that man came back at all.... or so she told herself.

The moment that he came back, it was as if she was a little girl once again asking her mother in a tender and shy voice, 'why isn't daddy here with us mommy? doesn't he love us?' Charlotte was that little girl once again, a little girl who just wanted her daddy home. She just wanted to know why he had left and never came back. Was she not enough? Was they not enough? Why didn't he want her? And so she got her silent question answered.

The second she saw his cold and hard eyes soften whenever he looked at her; at the whore's daughter, something squeezed Charlotte's heart making it harder for her to breathe. Niklaus wasn't supposed to look at the whore's daughter like that. No, he was supposed to look at Charlotte that way; that tender, loving father look was supposed to be her, Charlotte and not Hope. Niklaus wasn't supposed to love another, he wasn't supposed to call another his daughter, he wasn't supposed to give someone else his attention and yet he was. He was giving all his love and affection to Hope, the person who wasn't supposed to exist. She was the reason why Charlotte didn't have her father. Hope was the reason why Niklaus was never there for her, her twin, and her mother. She was the reason why Niklaus didn't love her; his firstborn daughter. Hope took everything from her and Charlotte will be damned if she took anything else from her.

"I never knew anything about my father until a few years back," a familiar yet unwanted voice caused Charlotte to look away from the Mikaelsons. Those ocean blue eyes that she had gotten from Niklaus, stared at Noel's brown eyes and she arched her brow at her, leaning against her chair waiting for him to continue. Noel took in her carefree posture and inwardly smirked, she looked so much like Claire yet like Niklaus at the same time it was strange. "Before I got the chance to meet him, my half-brother killed him. But then again, I really don't care what happened to either of them."

Charlotte looked surprised for a split second before schooling her expression, however, Noel saw it. He smirked at her before turning to look at Niklaus sitting across the street; enjoying his lunch with his daughter, Hayley, and Freya. "Don't you just hate half-siblings. They think they can get away with pretty much anything." His brown eyes locked with Charlotte's ocean blue eyes, it was as if he was staring directly into her soul; it didn't bother her one bit because he would never reach whatever he was trying to search for. Like her father and brothers, she was good at hiding her emotions whenever she wanted.

The laugh that came out of the young yet powerful Hybrid's lips send chills to those who were listening, she tilted her head sideways looking at Noel with an amused expression. "Can't have half-siblings if one never acknowledge them in the first place." Noel laughed heartily, "I give you that one." He smiled at her, it wasn't a genuine nor caring but a sarcastic one. "Tell me, dear Lottie, does it fill your heart with rage knowing that your father left your mother to raise another child. To love another who isn't you?"

Charlotte looked at Noel when out of nowhere the wind blows cold, clouds started to fill the once bright blue sky and suddenly it was impossible for Noel to breathe. It was as if the air around him suddenly disappeared and he felt weak; too weak to even move a single brow. Noel's eyes widen in fear as he looked into Charlotte's angry eyes. Her rage held all the power of a wildfire, he could practically see the flames roaring in her eyes, ready to ignite anything that came in contact. Noel holds still, staring at Charlotte, eyes locked on hers. There is a wrinkle in her nose that has nothing to do with a coming sneeze, muscles tight, jaw clenched. Slowly, Charlotte gets up from her seat; it was done in elegancy, and when she moved it was as if she was stalking her prey right before she pounced; bring Noel to a new fear he never felt before. Her hand gently wrapped around Noel's throat, her fingernails digging in his skin causing him to cringe, blooding dripping down his throat. When she talked, it reminded Noel of a calm right before a storm. Charlotte leaned down, her soft lips barely touching his ears; though she was in this position she had directed view of her father and half-sister; both of them staring wide eyes and opened mouths.

When Niklaus locked eyes with his firstborn daughter's eyes; eyes that held total anger and pain, it hurt, because he was supposed to be the person to protect her from any harm yet he was the person who made her feel the ultimate plain. "You must be forgetting who I am, Mr. Fischer." Her voice was calm yet Niklaus could hear the threatening undertone. "I am the daughter of a Queen, while she's the daughter of a whore. Why must I feel anything for someone who isn't supposed to exist?" Charlotte tightened her hold on Noel's neck and her eyes turned colder as she spoke. Her eyes never leaving her father's eyes. When Charlotte let's go of Noel, he gasps desperately for air to fill his greedy lungs. His hands reached for his throat as if it would help him receive air into his chest. Charlotte smirks at him before she looks crossed the street; her eyes flashed a bright purple. "Bitch can never reach my level, she should know her place. A princess will turn into a Queen while a bastard stays a bastard."

And with that, she threw some bills on the table and walks away. Not once did she turn around to see anyone's reaction, she knew that her father's eyes were trained on her back; following her until she was no longer there. Charlotte Forbes once wanted her father, she once wanted to know what it felt to have a father; yes she had Stefan but he died when she was little not really knowing the feeling. She was jealous of Lizzie and Josie for having Alaric as the perfect father. Charlotte Forbes made up her mind, if she couldn't have her father then she was going to make his life a living hell for choosing the wrong fucken daughter.