CH.30 Games

Chapter 30

Owen had slept through the whole day and the whole night. That was the power of Pixie brew. It could make you drunk off your mind with just a few sips and knock you out like a baby.

The next morning, Mavi found herself standing in front of the mirror debating on how she should hide her hickey. She would be mortified if Manya or Frank saw it on her neck. She had no make up and no turtle neck shirts to her disposal. A scarf was all she had to work with.

With a deep breath, Mavi wrapped the navy blue scarf she found in Owen's room around her neck and headed downstairs. When she arrived, she found Frank and Manya laughing about Owen accidentally drinking the brew in the tea.

"I hope he wasn't too crazy," Manya said to Mavi as she laughed.

"Ah....no," Mavi prayed to god she wasn't blushing. "Just very chatty."

"I don't think I've ever seen him drunk other than that night at his high school prom," Frank said as he sipped his coffee.

Mavi's mood soured at the new piece of information. Owen had gone to prom with Yara. She knew how her drunk Owen was. It made her insides twist thinking about what he must have been like with her.

Did he call her baby girl too?

Mavi's hands clenched into fists on her lap as she tried to shake the thoughts away. Just then, the doorbell rang and Manya rose to her feet.

"Who's here at this god forsaken hour of the morning?" She mumbled as she headed to the door.

Frank handed Mavi a plate and offered her some pancakes.

"Seems like the only time we interact is when there is food involved," he laughed.

"Isn't that the best time to interact?" Mavi joked back as he filled her plate with scrambled eggs.

"Wouldn't have it any other day, your grace?"

Mavi thanked him and set her plate down in front of her when Manya walked into the room with a very familiar face.

"Tobias?" Mavi asked in surprise as her eyes took in the tall man with his dark hair and midnight eyes.

"Hello, dove." Tobias gave her a quick smile and then turned to Frank. "Hello."

"Hello," Frank said politely.

"What are you doing here?" Mavi was still too surprised to see the god of the underworld standing in the Radacovick kitchen. She had only ever met him twice before and both times it had been in passing when he was leaving the palace after meeting with her parents.

"May we talk in private?" Tobias smiled, trying not to be rude to Manya and Frank.

"Yeah, sure." Mavi got off the stool and scratched her head. She was sure Frank had some kind of office in the large house, but her mind wasn't working. She guided Tobias upstairs to her room and quietly closed the door.

"I'm sorry if I seem disoriented," Mavi laughed nervously. "I'm just really surprised to see you here."

"Sorry if I interrupted you," Tobias said. "Why are you here, if you don't mind me asking."

"It's a long story," Mavi sighed. "Why are you here?"

Mavi was surprised to find the God of the underworld hesitate slightly.

"I need a favor from you," he finally said after a while.

"What kind of favor?"

"Mavi," Tobias took a deep breath. "I knew you would be special as soon as you had landed on that blade."