21. Cold as Ice (smut, fluff)

in the absence of everything, i promise to keep you warm - flatsound

I wasn't an expert, but I was pretty sure fantasizing about sucking someone's dick in the middle of a budget presentation did not count as getting over them.

Strauss' monotonous voice droned on while I blinked, trying to remove the thought. But my brain had a plan of their own.

We were in Strauss's office, but in my mind, I saw myself sinking to my knees in the conference room in front of Reid. Looking up at him cockily, I unbuttoned his pants and pulled them and his underwear down in one swift motion.

"In essence, if we don't decrease our overhead costs, I won't be able to authorize your consultancy in as many cases," I heard.
Looking directly into his eyes, I took his hard cock into my mouth. He reached down next to him and grasped the conference table, knuckles blanched.

"With all due respect Chief Strauss," Hotch's voice said, "We are already operating at a below optimal budget."

"Is there no other department that can be cut from?" JJ interjected.

In my defense, I didn't really need to be here. I wasn't really sure why I was here, other than as backup for Hotch and JJ. And maybe as a witness. JJ had even told me to let her and Hotch do the talking, which was fine by me.
Back in my unmanageable imagination, I let my tongue slide along the bottom of his cock as I took it further into my mouth until it hit the back of my throat. Reid moaned. It was music to my ears.

"Maya?" It was JJ.

"Yes?" I replied obediently.

"Can you get the team together in the conference room? Tell them we'll be there in three minutes." I said yes and gratefully escaped Strauss's dreary office.

"You made it out of the dragon's lair," Morgan remarked, clearly sharing my sentiments.
"Lucky me. JJ and Hotch are still trapped in there. They want us in the conference room, said there'll be done soon," I told him. Then I saw Reid. I hadn't spoken to him since yesterday when I walked out of his apartment with my heels in my bag. I had thought about texting him, but I didn't know what to say. He looked up from the case file he was holding.

"What did Strauss say?"

"She's complaining about the budget. As usual, I explained. Oh, so it was business as usual between us. Or at least while everyone else was there.

Reid put a hand on my shoulder to stop me from leaving. It surprised me.

"Hey, about last night," he began, voice lowered, and I froze. He let his arm fall.

"I was just thinking," he continued in a slightly uncomfortable manner characteristic of Reid talking about sex, "Are you, uh, are you taking a contraceptive–"

"I'm on the pill," I reassured him. He nodded. He opened his mouth to say something, but just then Morgan called after us.

"Sherlock and Watson, you coming?"

"Yes, Lestrade," I called back.

"I hope you know me well enough by now to know that I won't get that reference," Morgan said when we caught up to him.

"Inspector Lestrade. From Sherlock Holmes?" I supplied. He shook his head.

"You know what she's talking about?" Morgan asked Reid.

"Inspector Lestrade is a fictional character who appeared in multiple of the Sherlock Holmes stories. The name was inspired by a friend of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle from the University of Edinburgh," Reid said.