EXTRA Chapter

Aiden's POV

Staring down at the small box, I sighed again while thinking of what I could do. How could I add this to a conversation? Would it be too casual of me?

"Daddy! Daddy!" Raigh-lee called out while running into my office as I smiled at her. Quietly tucking the box into my pocket, I watched as she ran around my desk. "I'm taller!" She happily shouted while running up to me before I picked her up. "I'm bigger than Eli!" She added as I looked at her in surprise.

"Even taller than the last time I measured you?" I asked as she nodded her head while we made our way to the living room. Quietly placing her down, I glanced around the room before spotting Elias playing with his toys.

It had already been two years since we've moved and we were thriving. Elias was growing quickly and discovering more things that he liked while his sister recently started Pre-K. We were happy here. It was quiet, peaceful, and baby proofed.

"Daddy, I want up too." Elias called while pulling on my pants before I scooped him up into my arms. He quietly looked at me before smiling. "Daddy, a new toy." He stated while pointing down towards his toys as I noticed the pink dog sitting amongst them. "Nonna (grandmother) sent it." He happily stated as I smiled and kissed his forehead before putting him and Raigh-lee down.

"Do you two want to help Daddy out?" I asked as they both perked up while I pulled the box out of my pocket before fetching some paper and a pencil. "I need you to give this to mommy. Get her to come here as quick as possible." I instructed while folding up the piece of paper and handing it to Raigh-lee before looking over at Elias. "Hey buddy, I have a special favor for you."

It didn't take Raigh-lee long to come back with her mother who was looking around frantically before spotting me and Elias sitting on the floor.

"What's going on? Raigh-lee told me that someone got hurt." Natalie sighed while watching us carefully with her light blue eyes as Raigh-lee ran to my side. "What exactly is going on?" She asked again while squinting her eyes in suspicion as I stood up with Elias still in my arms.

"I know this looks suspicious but I was the one who told Raigh-lee to lie to you." I confessed as she shook her head in disapproval before I smiled at her. "It was for the better good though." I added while getting down on one knee as her eyes widen. "I know that this is a weird place to be doing this but we've been together for almost three years now and I've never stopped loving you once. The very first time I met you, I knew that you were a beautiful human. You might not have seen yourself that way but in my eyes, you were an angel delivered from the heavens and I was glad to be able to be by your side." I smiled as Raigh-lee slowly unwrapped the paper I gave her earlier before holding in up.

"Aiden." She whispered while covering her mouth as she read my sloppy handwriting while me and Elias got the box out of his overalls before opening it to reveal a silver band with a dark blue sapphire sitting on top of it.

"Natalie, I've said this a lot but you make me the happiest man in the world. Will you marry me?" I proposed while holding out the small box towards her as she smiled while nodding.

"Yes, Aiden! Yes!" She laughed while I put down Elias before turning back to my love as she stood in her spot, tearing up. Slowly slipping the ring onto her finger, I stood up before she embraced me. "I love you so much." She sobbed while burying her face in my chest as I gently kissed her head.

"I love you too."

[~~~]

"Congratulations!" Lucy yelled while enveloping us in a hug as I squeezed out of it. "I didn't think you'd be able to do it with how scared you were." She stated while looking over at me as I smiled at her.

"I was really nervous. It took me longer to find the right ring." I confessed with a smile as Natalie looked between us with shock on her face.

"You knew that he was planning on proposing to me?" She inquired with shock still evident on her face as Lucy laughed at the face she was making.

"I walked in on him practicing his proposal at work. From then onwards, he started locking his office door in fear that you might pop up next. He was shaking and stuttering whenever I walked in on him. It was supposed to be a secret so I didn't tell you what I saw and heard. But let me tell you this, I saved you from a horrible proposal." She stated while looking over at me and visibly cringing.

"Yeah, my first few weren't good. They sounded better in my head." I confessed as we laughed at that. "I'm kind of glad that you walked in on me though. I was able to work on it more and I finally mustered up the courage to do it." I added while kissing Natalie's forehead as she smiled up at me.

[~~~]

Hello all!

Sooooo, this has been in my drafts for awhile and I'm sorry it took so long to get it out. I'm also sorry that it's so short.

This was actually supposed to come out after the epilogue but I got caught up with school and externship so everything has been pushed back. I'm currently planning out the other books and the last extra chapter for this book.

I'm really thankful for all of you! I hope everything is well!

Thank you for reading!~

Andrea ❥