twenty-five

chapter twenty-five  -  quidditch

Lilian and I Floo-ed to the Burrow twenty minutes earlier than we had planned. 

I was still frustrated with Remus, and I just really wanted to see the Weasleys, plus Harry and my girls. 

When I came tumbling out of the Weasley's fireplace, Lilian was already being doted on by Molly, who used a charm to clear all of the soot off of her. I popped out as Aubrey and Esme came into the living room. 

"Mum!"

"Hey!"

Aubrey wrapped her arms around me and held me tightly. It had only been a month, but I knew she was still trying to work through the stuff that happened at the start of summer. When I almost died, again. 

Once she turned to give Lilian a hug, Esme came over and wrapped her arms around me too. She pulled back and held my arms, "How's Remus and Dad?"

"Remus is... fine, a bit aggravating but, he's fine. Your dad is really good, much happier now that he feels less like a stranger in his own home."

"You and Remus argued, didn't you?"

"Not exactly. I told Sirius about what happened between us and about Hope. Remus said some unfair things when I warned him this morning," Esme furrowed her eyebrows but I didn't want to talk about it anymore. My eldest had seen what I had, the unfair way that Remus claimed Hope's loss as his own and refused to accept that it happened to me too. It annoyed her just as much as it annoyed me, "How's Fred?"

Esme's face turned scarlet red and she moved away from me quickly. I refrained from snickering as she turned to Lilian to avoid the question.

"Jemina?"

"Hey, Harry," I smiled widely when my nephew came from the kitchen. He returned the smile as he approached, quickly wrapping his arms around me and giving me the briefest of hugs. I tried not to show it on my face, but I couldn't help it when my heart felt like it was going to explode. I was not used to the fact that he knew I was his aunt. When I had gone to the Dursley's house to get him for the little party I threw for him and Aubrey, he had given me a hug then. I hadn't been expecting it, in the slightest, and I had to apologize to him about being so weird. He asked why I was always so nervous around him, and I had to be honest. He was James' son, yet I didn't know him. I wanted to, but I didn't know how to, "How are you?"

"Rather well actually. How's Sirius?"

"He's good, told me to say hello to you. I know he wishes he could have come, but you know. The whole wanted criminal thing really puts a damper on that."

"Have you been to the Ministry yet?"

"Unfortunately not, Molly. I haven't had the chance to corner the Minister to force him to hear me out. They're avoiding me, you know. They are worried I am going to raise a stink about how my husband escaped them, again," I moved away from the fireplace and towards Molly. I smiled widely to Hermione as she came into the room and immediately bee-lined for the group. Molly furrowed her eyebrows deeply, "If you ask me, I think Fudge is worried I'm going to try to take his position from him. He may think that I want him declared unfit for Minister if he can't apprehend a dangerous man. He won't even give me the chance to correct him."

"He's a bloody fool if he thinks you want to be Minister."

"I believe he's more worried I'm going to help Albus take the position. He knows that if I was actually angry that my husband was able to evade them, again, and I started a movement to have him removed... He would be. If I said so, even some of the high-ranking Wizengamot would turn on him," Molly furrowed her eyebrows further. Arthur approached and placed a hand on his wife's shoulder as he stood beside her. She looked to him, smiled softly, and then returned to looking at me quizzically. I knew she didn't understand what I meant, but many of the members of the Wizengamot owed their lives, or the lives of their loved ones, to my visions. I smiled weakly, "If I pushed hard enough, I could even have Lucius Malfoy removed from his position, and the Minister knows that. He knows that if I endorsed someone else in his reelection in a few years... there would be little he could do to stop them."