Chapter 1 (Hazel)

The sound of trains screeching to haults and whistles blowing filled the air of the train station as people were bustling to get to where they were going.  A peculier family walked through the station as they headed towards platforms 9 and 10.  It was a middle aged couple with two children.  The youngest was a boy, barely old enough to go to school.   He clung to his father's hand as they made their way through the crowd.  The other was an eleven year old girl.  She was pushing a trolley that was filled with some strange items, including a dark brown wooden trunk and a silver cage with a barn owl inside of it.  

    "Hazel May, how are you feeling? Nervous for your first year?"  the father asked his daughter.

    "No, I think I'm ready.  I can't wait to learn more magic and be a good wizard like you!"  smiled Hazel as she looked up at her father.  He father was the source of magic in her family.  Her mother had been a Squib, someone born from a magic family, but didn't develop magic of her own.   The foursome walked towards the barrier between plateforms 9 and 10.

    "Alright sweetie.  Walk into the wall."  smiled the father.  Hazel snickered.

    "That sounds funny."  she giggled before picking up speed as she pushed her trolley at the wall.  As soon as she phased through the barrier she was in a whole new bustling train station.  She looked at the Hogwarts Express with wide eyes.  She had seen pictures, but seeing it in person was something diffrent.

    "I know, its pretty amazing, isn't it?"  her father said with a smile as he and the rest of the family materialized behind her.   Hazel just nodded in reply.

     "Let go get your stuff put onto the train.  You'll want to try and find a compartment, and I know that Jimin is probably looking for you if he is already here."  said her mother.   Jimin, well Park Jimin, was from one of the families that was transferred over from South Korea to work in the Ministry of Magic's Forgien Affairs department.  In South Korea they would say their surnames first in speaking.  Jimin's father had gone to Hogwarts with Hazel's father after he was transfered over during their fourth year.  Mr. Park had been placed in Gryffindor, same as Hazel's father.  

    "Oh, make sure to keep the bag with your robes and money in it with you, you'll have to change into your robes before you get there and the trolley lady will probably have some snacks you'll want."  reminded Hazel's father.  

    "Alright, I won't forget."  smiled Hazel as excitement filled her eyes.  The family loaded her stuff onto the train and Hazel said her goodbyes to them, promising to write, before boarding the train.  

    Hazel wandered down the corridor of the train as she looked in the compartments for a light brown haired Korean boy.  It wasn't long before she found him after hearing his laughter spilling out into the hall.  She smiled as she opened the compartment door to see Jimin sitting in the compartment with another Korean boy that Hazel didn't know.  This boy was a bit taller than Jimin and had light pink hair.  

    "Hazel May!"  exclaimed Jimin.  "You finally made it!  I was beginning to worry that you'd miss the train."  he teased.

    "And miss out on going to Hogwarts?  No way!"  laughed Hazel.  "I'm Hazel Halls, bye the way.  You must be one of Jimin's friends."  smiled Hazel at the pink haired boy.  

   "Kim Taehyung, 2nd year Hufflepuff, at your service."  he joked with a boxy smile and a little bow.  Jimin laughed at his friends repsonse. 

    "Its nice to finally put a face to the name.  Jimin talks about you all the time."  stated Taehyung with a smile as they all sat down in the compartment.  

    "I do not!"  whined Jimin.  

"Do to!  You gush about how smart and funny she is all the time."  continued Taehyung with a grin on his face.  Hazel could feel her own face turning red as Jimin huffed and rolled his eyes at his friend. 

    "Anyways, what house do you think you'll get into, Hazel?"  asked Taehyung changing the subject.  

    "Um, I'm not sure.  My dad was in Gryffindor, but I'm not sure."  Hazel replied lightly tapping her fingers now on her thigh.

      "Well if you are put in Gryffindor you'll be in the best house."  grinned Jimin.

    "Just because you're a Gryffindor doesn't make it the best house."  Taehyung shot back causing Jimin to pout and Hazel to giggle.   The train suddenly lurched forward and they were now off.  Hazel looked out the window as they pulled away from the train station.  She saw her parents standing out there with her father with her brother on his shoulders waving at her.  She waved back through the window as they soon disapeared from view.  

   It was now when Hazel began to feel some nerves, but she did her best to ignore them.  She didn't want to admit that she was worried about being sorted.  She was worried that she would get sorted into Slytherin.  Mainly not becuase of their reputation, but because she was worried that it would affect her friendship with Jimin, who was a proud 2nd year Gryffindor.  She knew deep down that it shouldn't matter, but it still didn't stop her from worrying...