SEVEN

07 | A FEW MONTHS LATER

LIFE did not pass by easily after that day. The months came and went: the brittleness of autumn turned to a snow-filled winter and winter eventually restored into a bright and green spring buzzing with life. Over the days, Winter desperately tried to forget any lingering recollection of Harry Hook, but it was not as easy as she naively hoped.

Formerly she believed that once she found out if she was soulmates with Harry Hook then things would get easier in terms of forgetting about him. This was not true.

She was unable to stop thinking about him. He invaded her dreams every night and during the days she felt like some starry-eyed teenage girl. People noticed too, especially the people who were closer to her.

Jonah, of course, took note of it and made it his life mission to find out who had caught Winter's seemingly frozen heart. Lonnie smiled knowingly as she remembered just how that pirate had been all over Winter. Carlos and Jay, remained mostly the same, though they would throw subtle glances at her every now and then.

But Evie and Mal were by far the worst. Evie was determined to somehow get Harry over here so that she could set the two up together. Mal, on the other hand, continuously pestered her about the whole soulmate ordeal when they were alone.

Thankfully, Mal stuck by her word and did not tell anyone about the soulmate thing, but she still made sure to tease Winter about it constantly.

Above that, Winter's actions about including herself improved just slightly. It was now normal for her to hang out in Mal and Evie's room, or even go to the coffee shop with them and Lonnie. It may have not been much, but it was a step in the right direction.

There had even been one time during March where Mal, Ben, Evie, and Winter went horseback riding through a small portion of the forests. Mal and Evie had never been on a horse prior, so it was extremely exciting for them, and as Winter and Ben had been raised with riding horses, it was fun to watch the two VKs reactions.

However, now it was the last day of May and summer break would be starting the next day. Finals were finished two days ago, all of which Winter aced.

Summer lasted three months for the Auradon kids, school resumed every year on the third of September. This summer, everyone had their own plans. Some kids would remain on campus doing summer schooling while others went home.

Lonnie was to be going home. Evie had just bought her own home and fashion boutique where she would be living for the summer. She intended to start up her business during break.

Carlos and Jay were to be staying back at the school in the dorms as they had no intention of returning to the Isle.

Mal was going to be staying with Ben in his family castle, helping him with the responsibilities of being King. However, all four of the VKs had one important goal this summer and that was picking the next four VKs who would be attending Auradon Prep next year.