《I》

It was at midnight.

Streets were so quiet that the sound of the passing breeze outside could be clearly heard by those who still had not fallen asleep yet. However, for those who had fallen asleep, they obviously could not hear anything – maybe some of them could, but they were too tired to pay attention to it for the reason that they had celebrated the death of the Dark Lord at that time, including Brian and Emily Scarletwood.

Once they heard the news regarding it, although they only did it at their own home, the two Scarletwoods celebrated it along with the other wizards and witches until it was almost twelve at night which led them to go to their room and immediately slept as their heads touched their pillows, but not before they checked over their own and only daughter, who was about a few months.

Silence filled each room in the Scarletwood manor, not until there was a sound of someone appearing due to using apparition and at the same time, there was a dark cloaked figure near the baby's room.

Underneath the cloak, it hid the figure's pale face that got paler because of the absolute pain he had never experienced from the unexpected counterattack as his hand touched his chest where heart was placed. It felt as if his magic was being sucked away, leaving him only little of magic.

Examining at the unfamiliar convenience, the figure gritted his teeth and narrowed his glowing red eyes that appeared like a pair of snake's eyes; his magic must be not powerful enough to apparate him to his supposed destination right now, and it was all because of that boy.

Sooner or later, he would take care of him and be more than the most powerful sorcerer, then there would be no one who would be able to defeat him nor any prophecy that would say someone or an infant would be the cause of his end.

For now, he put all of those aside first and focused on where he was now since he obviously did not have a clue whose manor this was and he was supposed to arrive at one of his followers' manor.

Looking at how well cleaned the furniture, the ceiling, the floor, and even the knob of the door beside him, it was clear that someone was living here and was not abandoned, which made him decide to check every room in the manor. Nonetheless, he did not quite understand why from all of the doors that were on the left and right, his guts told him to choose to open the royal blue coloured door that was exactly in front of him.

He knew his guts were always never wrong, so he did not hesitate to reach his pale hand out to grip the golden knob of the door, turned it, and pushed the door open, revealing a baby's room. His eyes wandered around the room before they landed on a white crib. At first, he wanted to pay no mind to the living being in the crib and left the room, yet something within him urged him to walk closer to it.

Striding towards the crib and stopping, the appearance of the baby finally entered his eyesight. At the same time, for once in his life, he felt a foreign emotion aside from the usual emotions.

The emotion he now was feeling was not the one that would aggravate him. It felt strange because to him, it was as though there was something that began to ignite in him, yet it did not make him uncomfortable, not a bit. As his eyes scanned over the sleeping infant, his guts then again told him to pick up and held her like the book he once had read.

Doing exactly what his guts had told him, he picked her up and held her in a quite awkward position, then he instantly felt strangely at ease as the warmth that was emitting from the infant. He did not want and would never want to admit it out loud that the new feeling in him almost scared him, and it was all because of the infant that now rested in his arms.