25- Snow & Music

One month had passed since the unfortunate event with John Chen. I could say everything was going great but that would not be true. The Hundales’ were still processing the turn of events. Kelly has been very calm and yet very protective of Jimmy it was making her daughter uncomfortable, but, since it made her worry less, Jimmy let her dote. Raymond has been indecisive about how he should react around his daughter. He realized his error of badly treating her and had no idea how to redeem himself. Although he still hated vampires with a passion and Jimmy was sadly still on that list.

Jessica has been very quiet lately. She got closer to Jimmy and defended her against her mate more times than not because Ren has either been ignoring her or drilling her with insults, it’s a wonder he is still alive. We still don’t understand why he hates her so much but we hope that anger will fade overtime. And Red is Red. She does her job protecting her sister and the world against her. She has not let Jimmy out of her sight unless she was with me.

Jimhaya though was complicated. She has gotten better by talking to people and letting them get closer to her but she was also getting worse. Her alter ego found a new hunger from the massacre and has been restless, constantly pushing her boundaries inside Jimmy’s mind. Kelly, Red, Jess and I have been helping her control herself but it has not been easy. Now that I have accepted her, I have been beginning to know her properly. It’s hard to know someone who does not know herself but I managed every day.

Me, on the other hand have been doing fine except the nightmares that keep reminding me of the reality that nothing is as it used to be. Some nights I wake up screaming and sweaty with the image of the man’s head staring at me with dead eyes in my mind. Jimmy knew about the nightmares but never said anything. We never talked about it but I trusted and hoped she trusted me and for now, that was all that mattered.

I was sitting on her bed on a Sunday afternoon doing homework with my legs resting on her back. Well I was doing my homework, Jimmy was drawing. She was as good at drawing and painting as playing the piano. That was one of the things I learned from her and considering she was a great pianist, her compositions were fabulous it was no wonder I loved them. The only problem was her sketches were all dark and depressive. I asked her to draw me a happy scenery once; she tried really hard but failed so badly it was unreal therefore she gave up and stuck with what she knew.

 “Guys, guys, it’s snowing” Jess jumped up and down from the door frame interrupting my concentration. Jimmy slipped off the bed, knocking my feet off her. She got up and flew down the stairs leaving me alone in her room. I put down my homework and made my way to the living room where the triplets were looking through the window. I put my arm around Red’s shoulders and stared outside. Snow was gently falling down, whitening the ground. It was a beautiful sight but I was not particularly thrilled with the idea of cold.

“Man, I love it.” Jess said grinning for ear to ear “I can’t wait for winter to arrive” the other sisters agreed.

“Why?” I asked. All three girls gapped at me. “Come on, who actually likes winter?”

“We do” they said together. I almost took a step back. They were really intense when they teamed up together.

“How can you not like winter?” Red asked.

“It’s cold”

“That is not a good enough reason. Sure there are some bad things with winter but it’s the same as summer. It sucks when it’s too hot and humid but everyone seems to like it. Winter is so great. You’re playing outside, the cold wind freezing your cheeks and when you walk inside, you let yourself warm up by the fire and a cup of hot cocoa”

“Until you have you get out at -30C to shovel your driveway and scratch the inches of ice off your car” I grumbled.

“Wait until you go snowshoeing with us” Red said.