Chapter 36

Elena's POV

Three days. Three bloody days is how long I've been in this hospital. With everyone here and some leaving and coming back for visits.

Ethan and I have practically moved into the hospital, and it's starting to do some brain damage on me. Looking at these white walls every for 72 hours is no joke.

Even when I want to stretch my legs. The furthest I can go is for a walk around this level. I can't go down because I could blow up at any time, note the sarcasm.

And throughout these three days Sean has been the most annoying person ever created.

And let's not forget about these Braxton Hicks. I need this baby out of me. This is worse than cramps, wa..y worse than cramps. I can't find one comfortable position in this bed.

I feel bad for Ethan because he's been staying up with me. All those uncomfortable nights, he tried making them comfortable for me wherever it was by cuddling with me or just lying besides me on this hospital bed. I'm sure his shoulders and neck cramp sometimes, but he hasn't been complaining. Just very concerned about me.

"You okay?"

I turned to the door when I heard Ethan's voice. It's nearly midnight and I had the guy go get me snacks. He was gonna get one of the brothers to do it but I refused, saying that I didn't wanna bother anyone, so he'd gone out to get it instead.

"Yeah. The contractions aren't as bad now." I sat up.

"Here's your stuff." He lifted the bag.

"Can I get the yoghurt and muesli please." I stretched out my hand so he'd give it to me.

He passed the products to me along with a spoon.

"Ethan." I looked up from my snack.

"Mmh" he hummed.

"I'm sorry."

"What for? You haven't done anything wrong." He moved to sitting next to me on the bed.

"It's just that, we're currently in hospital when it's your birthday tomorrow and I just feel really guilty that we won't be able to do something for your 25th birthday." I gloomily said.

"Why are you sorry babe? It's our little one that's got us here right now. You shouldn't be feeling guilty when you'll be giving the best birthday gift ever. From all the gifts that I've ever received in my entire life. Fatherhood is going to top them all up." He cupped my cheeks, then softly placed a peck on my forehead.

"I never actually thought of it like that." I smiled in realization.

"Yeah. So cheer up and finish up your snack. I'll just lie down on the the couch for a bit." He pointed to the couch that Dylan, Marcus and the twins were on just a few minutes ago before mom kicked everyone out. They're currently in a room next to mine. It's weird how we're all camping in the hospital when only one of us is actually supposed to be here.

I guess this is what having a family is like. Everyone caring for each other. The ones that aren't here are dad and Richard.

Dad is home because he's now taking care of the company and Richard has a surgery tomorrow, so he needs his night's rest.

Michael, Lucas and Sean went home to get everyone a change of clothes or something. Not really sure what they're home for so long when they left the hospital about two hours ago.

°°°

It's midnight! Ethan's birthday! I want to wake him up so I can wish him but he needs his rest. I just laid there and stared at him.
I throw my legs down from the bed and just stare at him.