Chapter 7: Milo

18 days had passed since he had told me his "secret". Those days led to me essentially moving in with him. It was also enough for me to humanize him from being the monster hat I had thought he was. He had done things like buy groceries for a struggling mother who got her card declined at the local supermarket. He would give the homeless money and hand kids who looked like they needed help cash. It wasn't uncommon for mob, cartel, and gang members to put their money back into the community. It didn't make up for how they were destroying it with the number of drugs they were flooding the streets with, but it was better than what some politicians did.

What concerned me was my interest in Aurelio. He had shown me such a dark side of him that night. I could remember the crimson stains that ran down his hands and the glare he had when he looked down at the green-haired man. Since then, he has showered me with affection. There were flowers, gifts like a new suitcase, and he would sneak money into my wallet. If any of my ex's had treated me the same way, they wouldn't have been my ex.

He had become more open with his activities, I couldn't capture all of it on recorders because I spent far too much time naked. Luckily I had placed a few voice boxes, as I called them, around the mansion. He did not tell me outright where he was going when he left me with just the maids in the house, but left enough of a hint for me to remain innocent.

I sat in an office; it was small and in the quietest part of the house. There was a large bay window that allowed a view of the side of the house. The desk was a large slab of wood mounted to the wall and the monitor also mounted. The plush white desk chair cradled me, almost as comfortable as the bed in my apartment.

I had an article I had been writing for my fake job on the screen. I hated writing so when I was told that it would have made the best freelance cover; I cringed, knowing a moment like this would show up. Instead of looking at the screen, I stared at the tattoo on my arm with the initials OME.

They were my dad's initials tattooed on the inside of my elbow. It had been a short but painful session. I thought back to why I had gotten the artwork. It was nineteen and one day I couldn't remember the feeling of my father's stubble on my face when we hugged. The fear of forgetting made me go out and get a permanent reminder.

Looking back up at the monitor, I wondered what type of encryption he had on his computer. If I clicked onto the file folder docked on the taskbar, would he notice? I decided against it and went back to typing. Aurelio had asked to see some of my fresh writing. This unlike the previous request he had made of me was not a test. I knew he was feeling me out when he threw the party. Little had he known the gloves were off, I had been told to do whatever I needed to get his boss so that was what I planned on doing.

The article was a prompt the agency had made for me. It was an article focusing on all weather fashion choices. The disguise department had written out so that all I had to do was transcribe it in my vernacular. I wished they had chosen an interesting subject because every word was driving me insane. My phone which I kept on me at all times vibrated, I quickly pulled it out seeing a blocked number. Only the agency had this number and would call if it was a random check in. They sent a text to make it seem like I had friends calling me or they would pose as robot callers to make me seem more realistic. The door was closed, so I answered but kept my tone hushed, "Hello."

"Agent Eaton, this is Parker you haven't checked in for two days." I irritated her. It was like she was pumping her frustration through the phone line and letting it drown me. "I'm sorry he has been around for the last two days and won't leave me alone at night."

If I had a mirror, I would know I would have seen myself blushing at the thought of the things he did to me in bed. I hated the man, but he had been my best sexual experience.