🔘 Chapter 22: The Crown Prince

The Corrielle Kingdom is said to be the most developed kingdom in the world, it is also considered as the largest amongst others having conquered different kingdoms throughout time, ruling them under their wing after their win. So having their only Crown Prince's reputation, personality, and principles remain at its best form is definitely a requirement.

They had to raise their only Crown Prince not just as a royal child, but as their future King. For the future of their Kingdom already lies with him the moment he was conceived by his birth mother, the Queen.

So of course, being pressured since birth would be considered as an understatement in Charles' life, his only luck is that he's a prodigy, a genius, he's a fast learner and he doesn't simply stop at learning, he was also gifted with the art of mastery.

Basically, he can be whatever he wants to be and he can learn everything that he wants to learn in a matter of time.

However, his biggest gift would actually be his inability to feel, because of this he wasn't at all affected by the pressure and expectations placed upon him, although this gift could actually be a curse someday, not just for him but for their kingdom that he will be ruling in the future.

One might think that he must be happy for his innate gifts but he's not, he's far from feeling that way. It's not like he's depressed about it, he's simply... bored.

His boredom resulted to his wicked and sadistic personality hidden behind his charming smile. It has become a game of his to manipulate situations, people, and events to achieve a certain goal, which is amusement. It doesn't matter if his amusement would result to someone being hurt, in fact, he would enjoy that much better.

As a child, he was like a tiny tyrant when it comes to his servants, he never lets anyone look down on him or treat him with impropriety, and if someone does it even accidentally, they would have to face hell. It's not like he threw tantrums, yelling to get what he wants or anything, he would just simply wear a remorseless stare or a sinister smile that would send shivers to someone's spine, even if he was just a little child, as he orders someone to punish the unfortunate person that treated him that way.

But it's not as if he was only like that with the servants — because he was wicked to everyone no matter their social standing — it's just that his methods of having fun are much more different and complicated when it comes to the noblemen, he's actually worse with them.

With them he was elegant, charming, his actions seems all calculated and he would flaunt his intellect around them in the most pleasing way possible, it may sound like a good thing but there's something more sinister about it that only his servants knows about.

When he was younger they would think that the catastrophe that his actions would cause to the noblemen were all just a mere coincidence, but it just happens too often that they started to discover his intentions.

'Ah, this kid is not just a simple kid. I'm deathly scared of him.'

Is what they would all think, even until  the present day to be honest, so they were actually thankful that they were just servants because it's easier to deal with the evil that faces you head on unlike the evil that slashes you at the back, like what Charles does to the noblemen he dislikes.

He did not asked for toys, he asked for participation in the adults' world wearing the face of a charming young child. The adults let him in with their guards down, little did they know what was about to befall them. Oftentimes he would say things that would always result to an argument between the adults, and he finds it amusing how stupid these so-called nobles become when their buttons are pushed ever so slightly.