Aid

Note: Again special Thanks to my friend NIaid for helping and proofreading on this chapter

Chapter 13: Aid

FOB Alamo, Trost, Wall Rose

Warhammer Company,1st Platoon

"You drop that Kaiser and I will make sure you will be excluded from having anything to eat and drink for the rest of the day," Maksakov yells and smacks at the back of his tank driver's head who nearly dropped the 20 kilo Sabot shell on to the ground.

"Izvinite! Leytenant will not happen again." Manfred replies being a bit embarrassed as his crewmates chuckle in the background.

"Khorosho"

The tank crew then returned back to their task of reloading ammunition into their tank by hauling one shell by another from the supply truck through a small human chain formed by the crew and members of a Russian logistics team arrived from the FOB Olympus this morning. With the growing number of Titans probing their defenses for the last three days the tanks soon began to burn through their limited munitions very fast leading for the base command to send a request for re-supply directly from Olympus.

It took 10 more minutes of hard physical labour until the last of the shells are placed inside the tank.

Jumping down from his tank Maksakov stretches his back before ordering his crew to take some much needed rest. He then proceeds to thank the Russian rear service soldiers.

"Thank you again Serzhant Borya for the help and ammo." He shakes the old Russian soldier's hands. "Though I thought we wouldn't be receiving our supplies today."

Letting his hand go, Borya apologizes "Izvinite Leytenant but with most of our supply trucks diverted to carry and deliver aid at the refugee's camps we are bit short handed now, Hope you can understand Ser."

Maksakov nods. Borya then makes a casual salute and leaves to help to rearm another tank.

Leaving Maksakov to ponder in his thoughts about what he heard from Manfred on the grueling and hard life these wall people are surviving in those refugee camps from some of the Local military soldiers with whom he was able to befriend. The most shocking and horrific tale of them was when the last time the Walls were breached by the Titans the Royal Government was forced in culling 1/5th of their population in guise of Wall Maria reclamation operation to alleviate the food shortages brought by the significant loss of territory and influx of refugees.

"I hope our help will be enough." He said to himself as his gaze fell upon a convoy of aid trucks moving on the dirt road passing through the FOB, through the breach and into the city of Trost.

Regazo(Refugee Camp 01), Wall Rose

Regazo is a small town located roughly 30 kilometers north of Trost District. It was a sparsely populated town with no more than two hundred inhabitants. But after the Trost was invaded by the Titans, the government due to the town's proximity to the Wall Rose's food reserves center decided to convert this town along with nearby villages of Oster and Keitum into temporary refugee camps.

Due to Regazo being a larger town than its neighboring settlements it was tasked in accommodating the largest number of refugees. Overnight the population of the small town swelled from mere two hundred to 40,000 souls. Many refugees with family members in other parts of Wall Rose decided to leave the camps. Those who stayed behind were provided with tents to live in by the Military which had been preparing for this crisis since the fall of Wall Maria five years ago.