Chapter 3

(Y/n)'s hands were clammy as she stared at the bloodied man asleep across from her.

After a moment, she let out a frustrated growl and gripped her head, pacing around him. "I have to help him, I have to. But what if he wakes up again? For all I know he could be a murderer. Someone obviously wanted him dead-" She mumbled, by this point, she was practically tearing the hair from her scalp.

A soft whine broke her out of her daze and she looked upon the giant dragon. It lifted its large head and dropped it again. Its eyelids drooped as it tried to stay conscious, but it still looked determined to be awake.

(Y/n) smiled sympathetically at it. The poor thing must have been so worried, "It's okay, you can sleep. I'll keep him alive, don't you worry."

It let out a purr at her words of comfort and closed its eyes. What startled her next was the red mist that began to swirl around its body.

She backed away in confusion as the dragon became enveloped in the fog before it dispersed, leaving no trace of the dragon behind. Instead, laying face down in the water, was another man.

Instinct took over as she rushed into the lake. Her hands wrapped around the man's shoulders and she quickly flipped him over so that he could breathe.

He coughed and sputtered as he took in a breath of air. The stranger quickly stood up, wobbling as he opened his eyes and looked up at her. They were red, just like the other man's, but a shade or two darker. 

They stared awkwardly, waiting for the other to make the first move. 

"Uh... Hello." He rubbed his neck awkwardly, however, the motion caused him to stumble slightly and he fell forward into (Y/n)'s arms. She sloshed through the water to stabilise him. 

"Woah, hey now!" She yelped as he weighed her down. His head rested against her shoulder. (Y/n) pat his head awkwardly, but when he didn't respond she pulled her head back, "Hello? Mister?" His eyes were closed and he let out soft breaths. 

Letting out another frustrated yell she pushed him off of her slightly, but quickly released him to cover her eyes when she noticed his lack of clothing. 

"Oh my gods!" She flushed red and turned away, but quickly spun back around when she heard the splash behind her. 

A tough ten or so minutes later, she was sat beside the injured man while the red-head watched her intensely, putting on the spare clothes she had in her bag. They were much too small on him; a grey jacket, some white cotton pants and a part of the injured man's red cloak that had ripped off and was floating in the lake, but they would do the job. 

"You should rest." (Y/n) spoke up. 

He didn't respond. 

"You're not doing yourself any good like that." She said, wiping away at the dried blood on the guy's chest, "I could see if I have any lavender left in my bag if that would help? It'll help relax you and put you to sleep."

"Why aren't you afraid of me?" His voice startled her slightly, and she looked up from her work. 

Her hands hovered slightly and she frowned, "I know you're the dragon." She started, "And believe me, I'm terrified right now. But tonight hasn't been the greatest night of my life so far. I'm dealing with it." He continued to stare at her. 

"Why are you so far into the forest? Isn't the nearest human village almost 20 miles away from here?"

(Y/n) nodded, biting her lips together, "I'm not exactly welcome there anymore."

He frowned but decided not to press any further. Instead, he put a smile on his face and extended his hand, "I'm Eijirou Kirishima, by the way."

She chuckled slightly, holding up her bloodied hands, "(Y/n)."